Sync problem in Premiere Pro timeline... but perfect in Me..

When I play a 60 minute AVI (DV) video in Windows Media Player, the
audio and video is in sync. (The video was transfered by firewire from
my consumer video camera.)

But when I import the same AVI file to Premiere Pro and play the file
in the timeline or as an exported AVI file, the audio/video
synchronization is off at (at least) the 60 minute point. (The sync
problem seems to be fine past the 30 minute point.)

I tried deleting the conformed audio file that Premiere Pro creates. It
created new audio files. But the sync problem was still there. I
haven't yet tried using another AVI editor (like VirtualDub).

I tried exporting the video and audio separately from Premiere Pro. I
rejoined it in TMPGEnc when creating my MPEG2 file. But the sunc
problem remained.

Why is Premiere Pro messing up the sync? I have never had this problem
before.

BACKGROUND INFO
- The digital video was transfered from my Sony TRV-17 via onboard Asus
firewire to my AMD PC.

- I have been transfering video for more than one yea and have never
had this problem.
- The only major thing that changed on my PC is (I think) XP SP2.
2 answers Last reply
More about sync problem premiere timeline perfect

    UPDATE: I followed the suggestion of someone and split my 13GB AVI DV
    file (the one transfered from my digital video camera) into smaller 2GB
    chunks using VirtualDub.

    Then I loaded these smaller video files into my Premiere Pro timeline.
    Now there doesn't appear to be any audio/video sync problem.

    I still know know why Premiere Pro has problems with the 13GB (~60
    minute) AVI DV file. But chopping the video in pieces before dropping
    the video into the timeline seems to be a good workaround solution.
    Hope this helps someone else...

    UPDATE: I followed the suggestion of someone and split my 13GB AVI DV
    file (the one transfered from my digital video camera) into smaller 2GB
    chunks using VirtualDub.

    Then I loaded these smaller video files into my Premiere Pro timeline.
    Now there doesn't appear to be any audio/video sync problem.

    I still know know why Premiere Pro has problems with the 13GB (~60
    minute) AVI DV file. But chopping the video in pieces before dropping
    the video into the timeline seems to be a good workaround solution.
    Hope this helps someone else...

Tuner Cards Audio Video AVI Graphics