SB Live + Windoze 2000 pro

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
A curious problem here. i need help
my soundblaster Live was working fine on windows 98, and both of its output ports worked fine (green one for general speakers or to the hifi, black one closest to joystic port for rear speakers apparently)

I have just installed Windoze 2000 pro and have lost sound out the rear speaker port... a reinstall of the live software hasnt helped.
any suggestions.
everything else seems to work, std line out, mic, line in etc
thanx in advance

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have created"~Darth Vader, Star wars

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
the front of the cd says
"Sound blaster Live! player"
and im trying to get the drivers now

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have created"~Darth Vader, Star wars

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
got the latest drives and still having the same problems
made sure it was for the live player too :(

James35

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh i just happen to think You dont have digital speakers do you? if you do not. then under the volume control. click on options then advance. once that is up. click on the advance button and see if you have checked.

"digital output only"

If you do? uncheck that. should have sound then.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
nope... digital output is always off. i tried it earlier and i get no sound if its on.

also... last nite i found the 2nd output port of the card WORKING
along with the sblive card being the cauze of my bg2 slowing down (see other post james)
are these symptoms of an IRQ confict????

James35

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
OHHH, then go into um device manager click on computer change that from acpi. to standard computer. you will have to shut down manually from now on but will solve that irq conflict problem, in a heartbeat.