Remote Access a Win2000 Pro from WinXP remotely

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002

How can I use Remote Desktop Connection to remotely control a Win2000 Pro
machine over the internet? I have used NetMeeting in the past but remote
desktop connection seems to be much better.

I am also looking for the port number that I would need to open up on my
firewall to allow this traffic through.

Woodman wrote:
> How can I use Remote Desktop Connection to remotely control a Win2000
> Pro machine over the internet? I have used NetMeeting in the past
> but remote desktop connection seems to be much better.
>
> I am also looking for the port number that I would need to open up on
> my firewall to allow this traffic through.

Port 3389 is the default port for Remote Desktop.
However, Windows 2000 Professional does not include Remote Desktop.

You should consider something like UltraVNC.

--
<- Shenan ->