how do I hook-up my Router to Modem to my laptop???

Ok, first of all I am not too computer literate so please forgive me in
advance. Thank you. Now my problem is I have a laptop. No other computer in
my home. I have it hooked up in my spare room(office) in my home. I would
like to be able to take my laptop into another room in my home to surf the
net. I bought a linsky 2.4GHz broadband router and I also have a Motorolla
modem by the way I also have a linsky wireless card inserted. I am unsure how
to hook the router and modem and I have actually connected them every which
way I could think of to no avail. What is ethernet? Do I need that connected?
I have DSL (the cable that goes from the wall) ok, i'm not that dumb,yes I am
HELP!!! please. Thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about hook router modem laptop

    This is best answered in the microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless news group...or the DSL
    Reports Linksys forums...

    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/linksys

    With that said, basically you need to make sure the network SSID and WEP/WPA (depending on what
    encryption method your using) keys match on both the laptop and the wireless access point/router.
    Consult the manufacturers support web site, the Users Guides, etc for help with that... For general
    help look at these links...

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/wireless_encrypt.htm
    http://www.warewolflabs.com/portfolio/programming/wepskg/wepskg.html

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "pammie poopie" <pammiepoopie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, first of all I am not too computer literate so please forgive me in
    > advance. Thank you. Now my problem is I have a laptop. No other computer in
    > my home. I have it hooked up in my spare room(office) in my home. I would
    > like to be able to take my laptop into another room in my home to surf the
    > net. I bought a linsky 2.4GHz broadband router and I also have a Motorolla
    > modem by the way I also have a linsky wireless card inserted. I am unsure how
    > to hook the router and modem and I have actually connected them every which
    > way I could think of to no avail. What is ethernet? Do I need that connected?
    > I have DSL (the cable that goes from the wall) ok, i'm not that dumb,yes I am
    > HELP!!! please. Thank you

Laptops Routers Modem Windows XP