Error Message

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I am getting this error when I try to use Remote Desktop.

THE REMOTE COMPUTER DISCONNECTED THE SESSION BECAUSE OF AN ERROR IN THE
LICENSING PROTOCOL.
--
Thanks for all your help

This is a server-side issue. From the FAQ:

The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in
the licensing protocol. Please try connecting to the remote computer
again or contact your server administrator.

Cause: The licensing protocol handles the communication of licensing
information between your computer and the remote computer. If there is
an error in the licensing protocol, your computer cannot be connected
to the remote computer.

Solution: For step-by-step information about deploying Terminal
Server with Terminal Server licensing, see Guidelines for Deploying
Terminal Server at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=34627. For
information about Terminal Server Licensing, see Windows Server 2003
Terminal Server Licensing Issues and Requirements for Deployment at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=23444 and Windows Server 2003
Terminal Server Licensing at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=26220.

---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 03:09:02 -0800, "Phil"
<philbranchjr(donotspam)@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am getting this error when I try to use Remote Desktop.
>
>THE REMOTE COMPUTER DISCONNECTED THE SESSION BECAUSE OF AN ERROR IN THE
>LICENSING PROTOCOL.

I´ve got the same problem but I try to connect to an old NT4-Terminal-Server.
What can I do to correct this?

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> This is a server-side issue. From the FAQ:
>
> The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in
> the licensing protocol. Please try connecting to the remote computer
> again or contact your server administrator.
>
> Cause: The licensing protocol handles the communication of licensing
> information between your computer and the remote computer. If there is
> an error in the licensing protocol, your computer cannot be connected
> to the remote computer.
>
> Solution: For step-by-step information about deploying Terminal
> Server with Terminal Server licensing, see Guidelines for Deploying
> Terminal Server at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=34627. For
> information about Terminal Server Licensing, see Windows Server 2003
> Terminal Server Licensing Issues and Requirements for Deployment at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=23444 and Windows Server 2003
> Terminal Server Licensing at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=26220.
>
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

> Windows Network Technology Community -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
> Windows Home Networking Community -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx
>
> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 03:09:02 -0800, "Phil"
> <philbranchjr(donotspam)@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >I am getting this error when I try to use Remote Desktop.
> >
> >THE REMOTE COMPUTER DISCONNECTED THE SESSION BECAUSE OF AN ERROR IN THE
> >LICENSING PROTOCOL.

It is still a similar issue... It just has different nomenclature in
NT 4 Terminal Server Edition...
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com