RDP protocol component error

I am trying to connect from Windows 2000 Pro to XP Pro using Remote Desktop.
Both machines are on the same domain, I do not have SP2 installed on XP.
When I try to connect to XP from 2000 I get the following message in
EventViewer on XP: RDP protocol component "DATA ENCRYPTION" detected an error
in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client.
I have other XP Pro systems that are set up exactly the same and I can
connect to them fine from 2000 Pro, but I cannot connect to this one XP
machine from either OS.
1 answer Last reply
More about protocol component error

    Take a look at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323497&
    to see if this helps with your issue.
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    Windows Network Technology Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    Windows Home Networking Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

    On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:28:03 -0800, "leichthouse"
    <leichthouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am trying to connect from Windows 2000 Pro to XP Pro using Remote Desktop.
    >Both machines are on the same domain, I do not have SP2 installed on XP.
    >When I try to connect to XP from 2000 I get the following message in
    >EventViewer on XP: RDP protocol component "DATA ENCRYPTION" detected an error
    >in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client.
    >I have other XP Pro systems that are set up exactly the same and I can
    >connect to them fine from 2000 Pro, but I cannot connect to this one XP
    >machine from either OS.

Connection Components Windows XP