remote desktop behind a router

Hoping you folks can help out with this problem.

1. 2 clients, 1 laptop (wireless), 1 desktop (wired), both set up as remote
desktop clients and servers.
2. network everywhere router
3. remote desktop (web client and RDP client) work fine on lan side of
router, using private IP's (192.168.x.x).
4. unable to connect either PC to the other across internet, using WAN
address
5. IIS \ web remote desktop configured properly, as mentioned works on lan
side of router.

I'm sure this is a port forwarding issue. I've followed all the faq's I can
find, but can't get this working.
Hopefully someone out there is familiar with the network everywhere
interface.

--
--------------------------
Andre Charlebois

    Yes, port forward 3389 to the private address through router.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Andre" wrote:
    | Hoping you folks can help out with this problem.
    |
    | 1. 2 clients, 1 laptop (wireless), 1 desktop (wired), both set up as
    remote
    | desktop clients and servers.
    | 2. network everywhere router
    | 3. remote desktop (web client and RDP client) work fine on lan side of
    | router, using private IP's (192.168.x.x).
    | 4. unable to connect either PC to the other across internet, using WAN
    | address
    | 5. IIS \ web remote desktop configured properly, as mentioned works on lan
    | side of router.
    |
    | I'm sure this is a port forwarding issue. I've followed all the faq's I
    can
    | find, but can't get this working.
    | Hopefully someone out there is familiar with the network everywhere
    | interface.
    |
    | --
    | --------------------------
    | Andre Charlebois
    | AGC-PC support
    | http://agc-pc.tripod.com
    | BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+

    For the web interface you have to forward 3389 and port 80 (Or a port of your
    choice).
    See:
    http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-remote-desktop-overview.html
    for a complete tutorial.

    Hugh wrote:
    > For the web interface you have to forward 3389 and port 80 (Or a port of your
    > choice).
    > See:
    > http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-remote-desktop-overview.html
    > for a complete tutorial.
    >
    > "Andre" wrote:
    >

    >>Hoping you folks can help out with this problem.
    >>
    >>1. 2 clients, 1 laptop (wireless), 1 desktop (wired), both set up as remote
    >>desktop clients and servers.
    >>2. network everywhere router
    >>3. remote desktop (web client and RDP client) work fine on lan side of
    >>router, using private IP's (192.168.x.x).
    >>4. unable to connect either PC to the other across internet, using WAN
    >>address
    >>5. IIS \ web remote desktop configured properly, as mentioned works on lan
    >>side of router.
    >>
    >>I'm sure this is a port forwarding issue. I've followed all the faq's I can
    >>find, but can't get this working.
    >>Hopefully someone out there is familiar with the network everywhere
    >>interface.
    >>
    >>--
    >>--------------------------
    >>Andre Charlebois
    >>AGC-PC support
    >>http://agc-pc.tripod.com
    >>BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+

    Hi, i seem to have the same problem. I have a client who has a server
    and various computers inside a network, (using a linksys vpn router). I
    have set up port forwarding, and all machines are working fine, except
    one. I can get on it using Remote Desktop Connection from within the
    network, internally. However, i cannot get to it, outside the network,
    through the router. I have no problems doing so, with any of the other
    computers, this is the only one which has that problem. I changed the
    registry to have the rdp port number match the router port range fwd
    number, but still gives me error that it cannot connect.
    Any ideas? :)

Remote Desktop Routers Windows XP