Remote Desktop while using RAS

Client: Windows XP Pro with SP2

I need to be able to remote desktop to our company's extranet site at the
same time I am RAS'ng into our corpnet. I can do one or the other, but not
both at the same time. I need to be able to do both at the same time.

For example, I can reach
southasia.extranet.example.com

using the Remote Desktop Connection applet from the
programs/accessories/communication menu.

However, if I RAS in first using our company's connection manager, a VPN
client, the connection manager successfully connects me to the corpnet, but I
can no longer use RDP to connect to the southasia.extranet.example.com
extranet site. When I do, I get the following error :
---------------------------
Remote Desktop Disconnected
---------------------------
The client could not connect to the remote computer.

Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to
accept new connections.
It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection.

Please try connecting again later. If the problem continues to occur,
contact your administrator.
---------------------------
OK Help

The connection manager is a VPN client , built using the Windows 2003
Server Connection Manager Administration Kit (CMAK). After it connects, it
runs security checks and I believe clamps down the WIndows Firewall.

This Cable Guy article may describe a fix/work around. Note that this is a potential security risk
and you should consult with your office/work network administrators about this first...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg1003.mspx

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)