Windows Media Player says I need codec NV12

Tags:
  • Tuner Cards
  • Nvidia
  • Codec
  • Media Player
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 13, 2005 7:45:44 PM

Hi,

I bought and downloaded Nvidia decoder so I could watch DVDs and SVCDs
on my computer. I've been trying to watch some SVCDs I have on my hard
drive, but Windows Media Player only plays the sound - there is no
picture. The error message says that I need the NV12 codec. Should
this codec be included in the Nvidia program or where can I find it? I
emailed Nvidia (after navigating their VERY frustrating and unhelpful
website) but they have yet to get back to me.
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sophie

More about : windows media player codec nv12

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 12:09:48 PM

On 13 Jan 2005, "Sophie Borodin" <s_borodin@yahoo.com> wrote:
>picture. The error message says that I need the NV12 codec. Should
>this codec be included in the Nvidia program or where can I find it?

Google is your friend... this link results in 656 results... check
to see if there is a FREE download you may use

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=NV12+codec+dow...

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
January 14, 2005 1:02:50 PM

SVCD's are MGP2 format so you probably just need a MPG2 codec.

PowerDVD, and many others will play mpg2 files. Goggle, research and
download your choice.

!