Windows Media Player says I need codec NV12

Hi,

I bought and downloaded Nvidia decoder so I could watch DVDs and SVCDs
on my computer. I've been trying to watch some SVCDs I have on my hard
drive, but Windows Media Player only plays the sound - there is no
picture. The error message says that I need the NV12 codec. Should
this codec be included in the Nvidia program or where can I find it? I
emailed Nvidia (after navigating their VERY frustrating and unhelpful
website) but they have yet to get back to me.
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sophie

On 13 Jan 2005, "Sophie Borodin" <s_borodin@yahoo.com> wrote:
>picture. The error message says that I need the NV12 codec. Should
>this codec be included in the Nvidia program or where can I find it?

Google is your friend... this link results in 656 results... check
to see if there is a FREE download you may use

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=NV12+codec+download

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

rs

SVCD's are MGP2 format so you probably just need a MPG2 codec.

PowerDVD, and many others will play mpg2 files. Goggle, research and
download your choice.