AssistER can't see assistEE's pointer in Remote Assistance

November 14, 2004 6:31:58 PM

I googled and was surprised to not find a single reference to this
problem. When I'm using Remote Assistance to help a customer I can not
see the movement of their mouse pointer. This makes it much more
difficult for me to see what they are doing in order to figure out what
they are doing wrong. All I can see is the results of their mouse clicks
and mouse overs. If they work slowly enough and tell me everything they
THINK they are doing then I can deduce what they are REALLY doing pretty
well. However they rarely do that. Usually they just start clicking away
and I can't catch what they are doing quickly enough. It gets incredibly
frustrating after a while and wastes a lot of time.

What is up with this? Is this by design? What could possibly be the
reason?
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 10:16:42 AM

I see the same behaviour. It makes support via RA next to impossible in
my view. Is there any explanation/workaround from Microsoft or anyone
else?

Thanks.

!