  • Remote Desktop
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
November 15, 2004 1:24:01 AM

Remote Desktop is not working on my machines that have been clean loaded with
an integrated installation of Windows XP SP2.

Firewall - off
Remote Desktop - enabled (with appropriate permissions)

Remote Desktop works fine on my PCs that have been upgraded to Windows XP SP2

Thanks

More about : remote desktop working

Anonymous
November 15, 2004 9:22:56 AM

So the machine you did the clean install on is the RDP host or the client? Are you calling over a
private LAN or the public internet? Any firewall/NAT/router devices between the PC and the other
PCs? Any personal firewall software running on the PC in question? Is RDP enabled? Are you calling
using the correct address? Anything in the logs that might help?

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Rem...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Jason Frost" <JasonFrost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Remote Desktop is not working on my machines that have been clean loaded with
> an integrated installation of Windows XP SP2.
>
> Firewall - off
> Remote Desktop - enabled (with appropriate permissions)
>
> Remote Desktop works fine on my PCs that have been upgraded to Windows XP SP2
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 12:29:04 PM

The PCs that I have done the clean install on are the clients. They cannot
be controlled by Remote Desktop. I would be interested to hear if anybody
else has created an integrated (slipstreamed) version of Windows XP w/ SP2
and has had success with Remote Desktop. I can connect to my other PCs on
the LAN just fine. The error message is generic, " The client could not
connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not be
enabled....etc"

Thanks!

!