Remote Desktop not working

Remote Desktop is not working on my machines that have been clean loaded with
an integrated installation of Windows XP SP2.

Firewall - off
Remote Desktop - enabled (with appropriate permissions)

Remote Desktop works fine on my PCs that have been upgraded to Windows XP SP2

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop working

    So the machine you did the clean install on is the RDP host or the client? Are you calling over a
    private LAN or the public internet? Any firewall/NAT/router devices between the PC and the other
    PCs? Any personal firewall software running on the PC in question? Is RDP enabled? Are you calling
    using the correct address? Anything in the logs that might help?

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Jason Frost" <JasonFrost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Remote Desktop is not working on my machines that have been clean loaded with
    > an integrated installation of Windows XP SP2.
    >
    > Firewall - off
    > Remote Desktop - enabled (with appropriate permissions)
    >
    > Remote Desktop works fine on my PCs that have been upgraded to Windows XP SP2
    >
    > Thanks

    The PCs that I have done the clean install on are the clients. They cannot
    be controlled by Remote Desktop. I would be interested to hear if anybody
    else has created an integrated (slipstreamed) version of Windows XP w/ SP2
    and has had success with Remote Desktop. I can connect to my other PCs on
    the LAN just fine. The error message is generic, " The client could not
    connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not be
    enabled....etc"

    Thanks!

    "Sooner Al" wrote:

    > So the machine you did the clean install on is the RDP host or the client? Are you calling over a
    > private LAN or the public internet? Any firewall/NAT/router devices between the PC and the other
    > PCs? Any personal firewall software running on the PC in question? Is RDP enabled? Are you calling
    > using the correct address? Anything in the logs that might help?
    >
    > http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/RemoteDesktopSetupandTroubleshooting.html
    >
    > --
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > "Jason Frost" <JasonFrost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Remote Desktop is not working on my machines that have been clean loaded with
    > > an integrated installation of Windows XP SP2.
    > >
    > > Firewall - off
    > > Remote Desktop - enabled (with appropriate permissions)
    > >
    > > Remote Desktop works fine on my PCs that have been upgraded to Windows XP SP2
    > >
    > > Thanks

Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows XP