VPN/Using RDC to connect to work PC/Printing

Using Cisco VPN client on a home PC. Connect to work PC once VPN is
established through RDC. Is there a way to print from my work PC onto my
home printer from home?

Metamporphius <Metamporphius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Using Cisco VPN client on a home PC. Connect to work PC once VPN is
> established through RDC. Is there a way to print from my work PC
> onto my home printer from home?

Yes, it should happen automatically in the RDP session.

Ensure:

1. That you have installed the printer drivers for your home printer on both
your work PC and your home PC.

2. That, before the RDP login, you have checked (on the Options/Local
Resources tab):

Connect automatically to these local devices when logged on the remote
computer:
[X] Printers.

It might be relevant to further troubleshooting on this issue if you told us
what the make and model of printer is, and how it is connected to your home
PC.

--
Robin Walker
rdhw@cam.ac.uk

Jonathan

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the Reply. The home printer is a Dell A940 All-in-one printer.

Thanks,