Remote Desktop workig after Win2k upgrade to WinXP

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have several computer at work. The one that I installed a fresh WinXP, the
Remove desktop works just fine. On the computers that were updated from
Win2K to WinXP, the Remote Desktop will not work. I get a "The local policy
of this computer does not permit you to login interactively". Checkig the
Evet log shows a msg about "The user has not been granted the requested login
type for this machine".

Any ideas?

You need to change the User Rights... See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278433 (this
works for XP even though the article says Windows 2003).
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -