GIF to JPEG

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
June 8, 2005 8:40:40 PM

Can you convert GIF to JPEG on a windows XP computer that does not have
photo software installed?
I moved some photos from a computer I have at home to this friend's computer
via floppy disk. They are in GIF format. I want to load them into a yahoo
photo album which only takes JPEG. Any way to do this without added cost?

More about : gif jpeg

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 9:32:35 PM

"Jerry" <jerry.holzer@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Can you convert GIF to JPEG on a windows XP computer that does not have
> photo software installed?
> I moved some photos from a computer I have at home to this friend's
> computer via floppy disk. They are in GIF format. I want to load them
> into a yahoo photo album which only takes JPEG. Any way to do this
> without added cost?

Use Irfanview a free photo editing package
http://www.irfanview.com/
June 8, 2005 10:16:17 PM

"Pilbs" <someone@somewhere.invalid> wrote:
> Use Irfanview a free photo editing package
> http://www.irfanview.com/

Started to download this software and got a message "Unknown Publisher"
The package has no valid digital signature.
Is this safe to put on my friend's machine?
I understand about looking a gift horse in the mouth.....but the computer is
not mine.
What are the risks?
June 8, 2005 10:46:15 PM

> "Pilbs" <someone@somewhere.invalid> wrote:
>> Use Irfanview a free photo editing package
>> http://www.irfanview.com/
>
> Started to download this software and got a message "Unknown Publisher"
> The package has no valid digital signature.
> Is this safe to put on my friend's machine?
> I understand about looking a gift horse in the mouth.....but the computer
> is not mine.
> What are the risks?

100% free, no spyware etc . I and many others have used it for ages. If you
are not sure then look at
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=irfanview+review...
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 12:16:16 AM

"Jerry" <jerry.holzer@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> "Pilbs" <someone@somewhere.invalid> wrote:
> > Use Irfanview a free photo editing package
> > http://www.irfanview.com/
>
> Started to download this software and got a message "Unknown Publisher"
> The package has no valid digital signature.
> Is this safe to put on my friend's machine?
> I understand about looking a gift horse in the mouth.....but the computer
is
> not mine.
> What are the risks?

The risks are none. I have been using Irfanview for years.

Be sure to get the Plug-ins also, they make Irfanview the really great
program that it is.

I do not remember Windows XP complaining about no digital signature when
installing Irfanview 3.97.

Are you sure that you are getting if from the original source? Or that you
are installing it correctly? All you do is double click the downloaded file.
http://www.irfanview.com/

Irfanview iview397.exe 875KB
Plug-ins irfanview_plugins_397.exe 4,652 KB

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Irfanview.

"Jerry" <jerry.holzer@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Can you convert GIF to JPEG on a windows XP computer that does not have
> photo software installed?
> I moved some photos from a computer I have at home to this friend's
> computer via floppy disk. They are in GIF format. I want to load them
> into a yahoo photo album which only takes JPEG. Any way to do this
> without added cost?

June 11, 2005 7:51:48 PM

"Pilbs" wrote:

>>> Use Irfanview a free photo editing package
>>> http://www.irfanview.com/

> 100% free, no spyware etc . I and many others have used it for ages. If
> you are not sure then look at
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=irfanview+review...

Thanks for the steer. Pretty slick package. It sure did what I needed
done.
I downloaded the plugins including email and tried to send a couple of
pictures
via email. I selected the sbcglobal Outlook Express option and got:
ERROR 350 SMTP SERVER ERROR

My Outlook Express mail server is properly configured and works OK. I can
also
send email pictures from within Picasa using OE.

I've been looking about in IrfanView to seek out the problem but can't find
where or how to do this.
Any clues?
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 11:04:20 PM

"Jerry" <jerry.holzer@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:o MDqe.3513$%j7.649@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...

>> 100% free, no spyware etc . I and many others have used it for ages. If
>> you are not sure then look at
>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=irfanview+review...
>
> Thanks for the steer. Pretty slick package. It sure did what I needed
> done.
> I downloaded the plugins including email and tried to send a couple of
> pictures
> via email. I selected the sbcglobal Outlook Express option and got:
> ERROR 350 SMTP SERVER ERROR
>
> My Outlook Express mail server is properly configured and works OK. I can
> also
> send email pictures from within Picasa using OE.
>
> I've been looking about in IrfanView to seek out the problem but can't
> find
> where or how to do this.
> Any clues?

You have to Click Settings at the bottom of the window and setup your email
account for your server.

Options>Send file by Email.
In this window click Settings at the bottom of this window and put in the
setting for sending via your ISP.

If the SMTP protocol does not work then use MAPI.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

> You have to Click Settings at the bottom of the window and setup your
> email account for your server.
>
> Options>Send file by Email.
> In this window click Settings at the bottom of this window and put in the
> setting for sending via your ISP.
>
> If the SMTP protocol does not work then use MAPI.

Thanks. SMTP did not work for me. MAPI did!
While I was at it I took a look at your home page. You're and ugly duck -
almost as ugly as me - and like me you have real good looking offspring.
Must have a good looking wife :-) We have almost the same birthday - mine
is Aug 6, but I'm a good bit older. I also live in Texas - Fort Worth - but
spend almost half my time in Port Aransas on the boat.

Enough!
Thanks again for the help.
Jerry
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 3:51:01 AM

> > You have to Click Settings at the bottom of the window and setup your
> > email account for your server.
> >
> > Options>Send file by Email.
> > In this window click Settings at the bottom of this window and put in
the
> > setting for sending via your ISP.
> >
> > If the SMTP protocol does not work then use MAPI.
>
> Thanks. SMTP did not work for me. MAPI did!
> While I was at it I took a look at your home page. You're and ugly duck -
> almost as ugly as me - and like me you have real good looking offspring.
> Must have a good looking wife :-) We have almost the same birthday -
mine
> is Aug 6, but I'm a good bit older. I also live in Texas - Fort Worth -
but
> spend almost half my time in Port Aransas on the boat.
>
> Enough!
> Thanks again for the help.
> Jerry

Hello Jerry,
If you looked at the family page and the mother of the grandchildren, then
you have a pretty good idea how Sherry's mother looked. In the picture
captioned "Sherry taken Dec. 30, 1999", Sherry looks very much like her
mother. One difference, Sherry is about 5' 7", Her mother was 5' 1".

Thank you for looking.
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com