VBScript: Remote Desktop Disconnected

I have set up a Windows SBS 2003 server to support Terminal Services
connections over the Internet using Remote Desktop via Internet Explorer. As
of yesterday for some strange reason it stopped working. Prior to then I
could connect from home using my Win XP Pro computer as well as at work over
the office network where I am running Win 2k. To get access to the server I
point the browser to the external ip address of the computer and access the
/tsweb folder. Now both give me the following error:

VBScript: Remote Desktop Disconnected
The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections
might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new
connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your
connection. Please try connecting again later. If the problem continues to
occur, contact your administrator.

I have noticed that this problem also occurs, but with a different message
when I try to access the server via the /remote folder. The remote folder
gives me this message:

Microsoft Internet Explorer
Connectivity to the remote computer could not be established. Ensure that
the remote computer is on and connected to the Windows Small Business Server
network.

That message occured when trying to accessing the /remote folder from work
computer on the domain of the SBS Server itself!

Please advise

Do you actually see the tsweb page and get the opportunity to hit
connect?

Also, on the Remote Web Workplace, do you proceed with logging in?
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:44:05 -0800, "Reuven Chapman" <Reuven
Chapman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have set up a Windows SBS 2003 server to support Terminal Services
>connections over the Internet using Remote Desktop via Internet Explorer. As
>of yesterday for some strange reason it stopped working. Prior to then I
>could connect from home using my Win XP Pro computer as well as at work over
>the office network where I am running Win 2k. To get access to the server I
>point the browser to the external ip address of the computer and access the
>/tsweb folder. Now both give me the following error:
>
>VBScript: Remote Desktop Disconnected
>The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections
>might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new
>connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your
>connection. Please try connecting again later. If the problem continues to
>occur, contact your administrator.
>
>I have noticed that this problem also occurs, but with a different message
>when I try to access the server via the /remote folder. The remote folder
>gives me this message:
>
>Microsoft Internet Explorer
>Connectivity to the remote computer could not be established. Ensure that
>the remote computer is on and connected to the Windows Small Business Server
>network.
>
>That message occured when trying to accessing the /remote folder from work
>computer on the domain of the SBS Server itself!
>
>Please advise

I have the same problem. I've set up the Server as such: It's a cable modem
with a public IP/DNS entry that is connected to a MN-700 router with port 443
open. Port 443 is forwarded on to my Windows Server 2003 box called Server.
Server has por 443 open and I pointed the Default Web Site at the
c:\windows\web\tsweb folder (i think that's the right path). Anyway, I
successfully get the web page from the outside world but get the error listed
by Reuven when I click connect. When I use the web page on the inside - all
is well and it works because I have the client box open for the RDP port. My
first thought is that it is a credential issue because I'm not on a domain
and Server has different user accounts then the client. But I'm really not
sure. I'm hoping I don't have to open the RDP port on my external firewall.

Thanks,

-Joey