AVISynth and MSharpen Filter

Hey everyone! I hope you can help this relative newbie.

Since Vegas and DivX/VBR MP3 don't mix too well, I'm now thoroughly
immersed in learning to use AVIsynth and VirtualDub with frameserving
to CCE.

I'm trying to use the MSharpen filter with AVISynth but I do not see
much of a dfference in vid quality at the extreme settings, so I'm
wondering if I have this set up correctly. Here's what I have:

clip=AVISource("c:\movie.avi",false)
aud=WAVSource("c:\audio.wav")
AudioDub(clip,aud)
ResampleAudio(48000)
LanczosResize(720,480)
Trim(11934,12203)

#LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AVISYNTH 2.5
\plugins\MSharpen.dll") (i tried this but still not much difference
with or without this line)

MSharpen(0,0,true,false,false)
#MSmooth(15,3,true,false,false,false)
#AssumeFPS(23.976,True)
ConvertToYUY2()

I used the MSmooth plugin and it is obvious that it works without the
LoadPlugin command. Both plugins are in the AVISynth plugin directory.
I would prefer to frameserve directly to CCE via 'Synth. I had to use
the Vdub sharpen filter to see results.

Any suggestions on syntax, placement, or other filters to try?
Thanks!

Dok

Opps, disregrd much of the above. I just now discovered MSharpen for
Vdub and can preview the vid as I make the changes. Very subtle
indeed! Now I just plug the values into avisynth and go!!

However, do I I still need to use the LoadPlugin command or am I good
to go as is?
Any other filters I might try?

Thanks!

Dok