REMOTE DESKTOP PROBLEM

I have finally set up my work computer and the router to use RD. I have a
problem however when I log in. I can get into my computer and see the
desktop but I can not do anything. I can move the mouse but I can not click
on anything and the keyboard does not work. Does anyone have any idea why
this is happening? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop problem

    I would...

    Double check your options and select the correct connection type in the "Options -> Experience"
    window.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/learnmore/russel_august27.mspx

    Check to see if the video drivers on the RDP host are the latest.

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "wwoodiv" <wwoodiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have finally set up my work computer and the router to use RD. I have a
    > problem however when I log in. I can get into my computer and see the
    > desktop but I can not do anything. I can move the mouse but I can not click
    > on anything and the keyboard does not work. Does anyone have any idea why
    > this is happening? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

    Hi AL,
    Thanks for writing back. I have updated the video driver on both machines.
    Just so you know I have PRO with SP2 on my work computer and HOME with SP2 at
    my home computer. I'm still not able to control my work computer. Any other
    things I could check out. I havent found any other postings that adress the
    problem I'm haveing. Thanks again for your help.

    "Sooner Al" wrote:

    > I would...
    >
    > Double check your options and select the correct connection type in the "Options -> Experience"
    > window.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/learnmore/russel_august27.mspx
    >
    > Check to see if the video drivers on the RDP host are the latest.
    >
    > --
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > "wwoodiv" <wwoodiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have finally set up my work computer and the router to use RD. I have a
    > > problem however when I log in. I can get into my computer and see the
    > > desktop but I can not do anything. I can move the mouse but I can not click
    > > on anything and the keyboard does not work. Does anyone have any idea why
    > > this is happening? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Remote Desktop Computers Windows XP