REMOTE DESKTOP PROBLEM

November 18, 2004 4:49:10 PM

I have finally set up my work computer and the router to use RD. I have a
problem however when I log in. I can get into my computer and see the
desktop but I can not do anything. I can move the mouse but I can not click
on anything and the keyboard does not work. Does anyone have any idea why
this is happening? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

More about : remote desktop problem

Anonymous
November 18, 2004 7:03:11 PM

I would...

Double check your options and select the correct connection type in the "Options -> Experience"
window.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/learn...

Check to see if the video drivers on the RDP host are the latest.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"wwoodiv" <wwoodiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have finally set up my work computer and the router to use RD. I have a
> problem however when I log in. I can get into my computer and see the
> desktop but I can not do anything. I can move the mouse but I can not click
> on anything and the keyboard does not work. Does anyone have any idea why
> this is happening? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 1:47:05 AM

Hi AL,
Thanks for writing back. I have updated the video driver on both machines.
Just so you know I have PRO with SP2 on my work computer and HOME with SP2 at
my home computer. I'm still not able to control my work computer. Any other
things I could check out. I havent found any other postings that adress the
problem I'm haveing. Thanks again for your help.

!