Multiple Remote Desktops

I recently saw a response from Sooner Al regarding how to setup multiple
desktops with RDP. The link he posted was broken. If anyone has
successfully setup multiple desktops for access remotely with RDP (via
Internet), please post here or post active links here. You can also email me
at clem@it-wiz.com. I have a client with 3 desktops on a home network that
accesses the Internet via a Linksys router on DSL. He needs to be able to
connect to any of the 3 via RDP.

Thanks,

Clem

pavel

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003

On a local network there is no problem using multiple Remote Desktops. If
connecting to another workgroup that is behind a single IP with a router
then all you have to do is assign a different port in registry at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\PortNumber

starting with 3389 for the first 3390 for the next....etc to each PC and in
the router, forward each port to the right PC according to the PC's internal
IP. These PC's should have a static IP assigned. When you are ready to start
a session simply include the appropriate port number in the address you are
calling: 63.123.145.34:3390

--
Pavel

"ClemP" <ClemP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently saw a response from Sooner Al regarding how to setup multiple
> desktops with RDP. The link he posted was broken. If anyone has
> successfully setup multiple desktops for access remotely with RDP (via
> Internet), please post here or post active links here. You can also email
> me
> at clem@it-wiz.com. I have a client with 3 desktops on a home network
> that
> accesses the Internet via a Linksys router on DSL. He needs to be able to
> connect to any of the 3 via RDP.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Clem

Reply to message from "ClemP" <ClemP@discussions.microsoft.com> (Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:31:
11) about "Multiple Remote Desktops":

C> I recently saw a response from Sooner Al regarding how to setup multiple desktops with
C> RDP. The link he posted was broken. If anyone has successfully setup multiple desktops
C> for access remotely with RDP (via Internet), please post here or post active links
C> here. You can also email me at clem@it- wiz.com. I have a client with 3 desktops on a
C> home network that accesses the Internet via a Linksys router on DSL. He needs to be
C> able to connect to any of the 3 via RDP.

C> Thanks,

C> Clem

Here is the new link...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html

Later
Sooner Al <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:15:34 -0500

Hi to all,
is it possible to do that with ISA server ?
I don't find a way to redirect a port number.

Many tanks in advance

FAbrizio