Encore-how to change completed project to PAL?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 17, 2005 12:11:31 PM

I have a complete project done in Adobe Encore. When I first start up
the program, I choose the NTSC format. Now that I have the completed
project and have burned off a few DVD's I was thinking I would like to
burn one off in PAL format to mail to a friend in Europe.

Is there a way to change the format of a completed project to do this
in Encore?
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 12:11:32 PM

"Rec Digital" wrote ...
>I have a complete project done in Adobe Encore. When I first start up
> the program, I choose the NTSC format. Now that I have the completed
> project and have burned off a few DVD's I was thinking I would like to
> burn one off in PAL format to mail to a friend in Europe.
>
> Is there a way to change the format of a completed project to do this
> in Encore?

You likely need to convert the source material to PAL
and then start a new project in Encore that is designated
as PAL. Seems unlikely that Encore will transcode after
you have created thte project.
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 2:29:23 PM

> "Rec Digital" wrote ...
>>I have a complete project done in Adobe Encore. When I first start up
>> the program, I choose the NTSC format. Now that I have the completed
>> project and have burned off a few DVD's I was thinking I would like to
>> burn one off in PAL format to mail to a friend in Europe.
>>
>> Is there a way to change the format of a completed project to do this
>> in Encore?
>
> You likely need to convert the source material to PAL
> and then start a new project in Encore that is designated
> as PAL. Seems unlikely that Encore will transcode after
> you have created thte project.

Most European DVD players connected via scart to a TV (and ALL PCs), will
play NTSC DVDs no problem.

Mike
!