RDP version in XP and 2003 server

November 19, 2004 12:25:05 PM

Does anyone know what version of RDP is in each of:

Windows XP SP1
Windows XP SP2
Windows 2003 Server

I am specifically looking for the implementation of the protocol on the host
itself rather than the client used to connect.

Thanks.
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 2:26:56 AM

XP is RDP 5.1
Windows 2003 is RDP 5.2...

I don't know the particular distinction between RTM/SP1/SP2, though...
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:25:05 -0800, "rjsmall"
<rjsmall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know what version of RDP is in each of:
>
>Windows XP SP1
>Windows XP SP2
>Windows 2003 Server
>
>I am specifically looking for the implementation of the protocol on the host
>itself rather than the client used to connect.
>
>Thanks.
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 11:29:02 AM

Thanks for that. Are you aware of any product / download that will update the
host version in XP?

James Small

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> XP is RDP 5.1
> Windows 2003 is RDP 5.2...
>
> I don't know the particular distinction between RTM/SP1/SP2, though...
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

> Windows Network Technology Community -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
> Windows Home Networking Community -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...
>
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:25:05 -0800, "rjsmall"
> <rjsmall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know what version of RDP is in each of:
> >
> >Windows XP SP1
> >Windows XP SP2
> >Windows 2003 Server
> >
> >I am specifically looking for the implementation of the protocol on the host
> >itself rather than the client used to connect.
> >
> >Thanks.

Anonymous
November 24, 2004 10:35:42 PM

Nope... Actually, I would suspect that Windows XP 64 bit edition
would have it, but that is due to the fact that is based on the
Windows 2003 base...
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:29:02 -0800, "James Small" <James

!