RDP version in XP and 2003 server

Does anyone know what version of RDP is in each of:

Windows XP SP1
Windows XP SP2
Windows 2003 Server

I am specifically looking for the implementation of the protocol on the host
itself rather than the client used to connect.

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about version 2003 server

    XP is RDP 5.1
    Windows 2003 is RDP 5.2...

    I don't know the particular distinction between RTM/SP1/SP2, though...
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    Windows Network Technology Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    Windows Home Networking Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:25:05 -0800, "rjsmall"
    <rjsmall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Does anyone know what version of RDP is in each of:
    >
    >Windows XP SP1
    >Windows XP SP2
    >Windows 2003 Server
    >
    >I am specifically looking for the implementation of the protocol on the host
    >itself rather than the client used to connect.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Thanks for that. Are you aware of any product / download that will update the
    host version in XP?

    James Small

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

    > XP is RDP 5.1
    > Windows 2003 is RDP 5.2...
    >
    > I don't know the particular distinction between RTM/SP1/SP2, though...
    > ---
    > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

    > Windows Network Technology Community -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    > Windows Home Networking Community -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx
    >
    > On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:25:05 -0800, "rjsmall"
    > <rjsmall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Does anyone know what version of RDP is in each of:
    > >
    > >Windows XP SP1
    > >Windows XP SP2
    > >Windows 2003 Server
    > >
    > >I am specifically looking for the implementation of the protocol on the host
    > >itself rather than the client used to connect.
    > >
    > >Thanks.

    Nope... Actually, I would suspect that Windows XP 64 bit edition
    would have it, but that is due to the fact that is based on the
    Windows 2003 base...
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    Windows Network Technology Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    Windows Home Networking Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:29:02 -0800, "James Small" <James
    Small@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Thanks for that. Are you aware of any product / download that will update the
    >host version in XP?
    >
    >James Small
    >
    >"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> XP is RDP 5.1
    >> Windows 2003 is RDP 5.2...
    >>
    >> I don't know the particular distinction between RTM/SP1/SP2, though...
    >> ---
    >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
    >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    >>
    >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    >> be answered depending on time availability....
    >>
    >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >> Windows Network Technology Community -
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    >> Windows Home Networking Community -
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx
    >>
    >> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:25:05 -0800, "rjsmall"
    >> <rjsmall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Does anyone know what version of RDP is in each of:
    >> >
    >> >Windows XP SP1
    >> >Windows XP SP2
    >> >Windows 2003 Server
    >> >
    >> >I am specifically looking for the implementation of the protocol on the host
    >> >itself rather than the client used to connect.
    >> >
    >> >Thanks.

Windows Server 2003 Windows XP Microsoft Servers