Panasonic PV-GS70 SD card / photo issue

Hi --

I have a GS70 that I bought early in 2004. I only occasionally use its
digital camera functionality, and it has always worked fine. Recently,
however, I took some photos, plugged my camera into my PC and when I
viewed the contents of the SD card via Windows Explorer, the DCIM
directory exists but the 100CDDPFP directory does not. I tried
reformatting the card, but alas no directory. I figured maybe I had
fried the card (?) so I bought a new 64MB card and the same thing
happened.

I finally was able to access photos on the SD card by resetting the
camera (the reset button on the side) and reformatting the card.
However, this morning when I took new photos and plugged the camera
into my PC I was again missing the 100CDDPFP directory.

The photos are always visible on the camera, and I've plugged the
camera into my laptop and experienced the same problem so I don't know
if the issue is the USB cable? Has anyone else had an experience
similar to mine?

Thanks,

Rich