Scenalyzer clips won't play on Premiere timeline

I had to reinstall my operating system and software and now when I
capture clips thru scenalyzer, they won't play on Premiere's timeline.

I've got Premiere 6.0, a Canopus Raptor card with Raptorbay.

After the reinstall:
-old Premiere projects play fine,
-new projects play clips that were already captured with no problems,
-new clips captured with Scenalyzer won't play on the timeline without
rendering but will play alone when just double clicked; both on new and
old projects,
-new clips captured with Raptorvideo play fine in timeline,

I've fiddled with different capture parameters in Scenalyzer and the
video properties in Premiere, all to no avail.
All help appreciated.

Thanks, Ron
5 answers Last reply
More about scenalyzer clips play premiere timeline

    <rkwlam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I had to reinstall my operating system and software and now when I
    > capture clips thru scenalyzer, they won't play on Premiere's timeline.
    >
    > I've got Premiere 6.0, a Canopus Raptor card with Raptorbay.
    >
    > After the reinstall:
    > -old Premiere projects play fine,
    > -new projects play clips that were already captured with no problems,
    > -new clips captured with Scenalyzer won't play on the timeline without
    > rendering but will play alone when just double clicked; both on new
    > and
    > old projects,
    > -new clips captured with Raptorvideo play fine in timeline,
    >
    > I've fiddled with different capture parameters in Scenalyzer and the
    > video properties in Premiere, all to no avail.
    > All help appreciated.

    I saw the same thing. The clips would play in the clip monitor
    window, but not in the timeline (without rendering).
    All the settings seemed to be compatible.

    Did you find a workaround, Richard? I am still able to work by
    capturing thru RaptorVideo but I greatly miss Scenalyzer's ability to
    nicely divide up my clips without wearing out the drive on my
    camcorder.

    > Did you find a workaround, Richard? I am still able to work by
    > capturing thru RaptorVideo but I greatly miss Scenalyzer's ability to
    > nicely divide up my clips without wearing out the drive on my
    > camcorder.

    No, I have not found a solution or workaround for this. We are
    using Scenalyzer to make index videos for our raw footage
    library, but the capture feature isn't usable.

    Just wanted to report that after numerous hours of fruitless fiddling,
    I've got things working again. On the advice of a contributor to
    DV_L, I downloaded a more recent driver and installed it...at first to
    no avail. However, I started fiddling and did two things. First I
    output my timeline by playing it and just putting my camcorder on
    record...giving up computer control of the camcorder. That worked.
    Then I also created a new project and imported a nonfunctioning old one
    into it and everything seemed to be working fine at that point. When I
    returned to projects which had not been displaying clips on the
    timeline, they too were working again.

    ???

    Ron

Tuner Cards Video Graphics