Windows 8 is not recognizing the hdd to perform a clean install

Big Gwiz

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
Hey everyone,

I'm building a computer completely from scratch, and every time I go to perform a clean install, it tells me that the hdd is not recognized. You can not choose it from a list of devices.

To elaborate further, if you browse, windows actually sees the hdd, but if you ask it to format the hdd, it says it cannot. The hdd is also recognized by the mobo, and everything is connected/the right settings are chosen. (ACHI, Sata Enabled, etc)

I feel like this might be a driver issue, however I cannot find a single driver for this hdd!

The hdd is a samsung F3 1tb 7200rpm sata hdd.

Any help would be appreciated!

Big Gwiz

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
Already tried that, I think when my friend bought Windows 8, he bought the 70 dollar upgrade disc, not the 139 full clean install, so we're gonna check it out...

-with a clean install using a upgrade key you will have to make a registry change and use a command to rearm the windows to get the system validated.

-It would not prevent you from seeing your hard drive. what make and model of motherboard do you have? (look for intel rapid storage tech enabled, IRST or something like that, I don't recall the exact name)

In that case it will require an activated version of XP (SP3), Vista or Win7 installed!

The upgrade does recognize the Windows 8 consumer preview as a valid version to upgrade from. I would expect the Webstore will continue to provide upgrade offers until sometime after the preview expires in January.