Question/ Need help with Canon Camera.

Hello, this is my first time here, and I had a big questions to ask.

Ok, so... I misplaced my software ZoomBrowser EX which came with my
Canon Camera PowerShot S200, and now nothing else will allow me to get
my photos from the camera to my computer.

I tried adding the camera using the Windows XP wizard and tried going
to add the hardware with the scanner/cameras and going to add an image
device, but it doesn’t even have Canon as a manufacturer.

I tried ginding a shareware of some sort to temporarily use but it
won’t read the camera, although the computer is definately reading the
camera, because it says NEW HARDWARE FOUND in that bubble at the
bottom right of the screen. So just wanted to know if anyone could
help me out.

So the question being, is there any way I can get the photos from my
Digtal Camera "Canon: PowerShot S200" onto the computer without
software, or possibly with a software that I can get off the internet
without having to buy a new cd for it?... Perhaps? Maybe? Please?

Sawabbaa

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Digital-Cameras-help-Canon-Camera-ftopict57232.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=288021
4 answers Last reply
More about question canon camera

    Sawabbaa <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> writes:
    > Ok, so... I misplaced my software ZoomBrowser EX which came with my
    > Canon Camera PowerShot S200, and now nothing else will allow me to
    > get my photos from the camera to my computer.
    >
    > I tried adding the camera using the Windows XP wizard and tried
    > going to add the hardware with the scanner/cameras and going to add
    > an image device, but it doesn’t even have Canon as a manufacturer.

    XP wil not recognize the camera without the device driver on
    the CD-ROM you've lost.

    > So the question being, is there any way I can get the photos from my
    > Digtal Camera "Canon: PowerShot S200" onto the computer without
    > software, or possibly with a software that I can get off the
    > internet without having to buy a new cd for it?

    The Canon software is not available for download (only updates
    that won't install if you don't have the original software).
    You can ask Canon to send you a new CD.

    But the simplest solution is to buy a cheap CF card reader ($15) and
    use this to transfer the images to computer.
    "Don't follow leaders // Watch the parkin' meters" - Bob Dylan

    Gisle Hannemyr <gisle+news@ifi.uio.no> wrote in

    > Sawabbaa <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> writes:
    >> Ok, so... I misplaced my software ZoomBrowser EX which came with my
    >> Canon Camera PowerShot S200, and now nothing else will allow me to
    >> get my photos from the camera to my computer.
    >>
    >> I tried adding the camera using the Windows XP wizard and tried
    >> going to add the hardware with the scanner/cameras and going to add
    >> an image device, but it doesn’t even have Canon as a manufacturer.
    >
    > XP wil not recognize the camera without the device driver on
    > the CD-ROM you've lost.
    >
    >> So the question being, is there any way I can get the photos from my
    >> Digtal Camera "Canon: PowerShot S200" onto the computer without
    >> software, or possibly with a software that I can get off the
    >> internet without having to buy a new cd for it?
    >
    > The Canon software is not available for download (only updates
    > that won't install if you don't have the original software).
    > You can ask Canon to send you a new CD.
    >
    > But the simplest solution is to buy a cheap CF card reader ($15) and
    > use this to transfer the images to computer.

    ....or you could just download the driver :-) from here:

    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategory
    id=223&modelid=7507

    "Jester" wrote:
    > Gisle Hannemyr <gisle+news@ifi.uio.no> wrote in
    >
    > > Sawabbaa <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> writes:
    >  >> Ok, so... I misplaced my software ZoomBrowser EX
    > which came with my
    >  >> Canon Camera PowerShot S200, and now nothing else
    > will allow me to
    >  >> get my photos from the camera to my computer.
    >  >>
    >  >> I tried adding the camera using the Windows XP wizard
    > and tried
    >  >> going to add the hardware with the scanner/cameras
    > and going to add
    >  >> an image device, but it doesn’t even have Canon as a
    > manufacturer.
    > >
    > > XP wil not recognize the camera without the device driver on
    > > the CD-ROM you've lost.
    > >
    >  >> So the question being, is there any way I can get the
    > photos from my
    >  >> Digtal Camera "Canon: PowerShot S200" onto the
    > computer without
    >  >> software, or possibly with a software that I can get
    > off the
    >  >> internet without having to buy a new cd for it?
    > >
    > > The Canon software is not available for download (only
    > updates
    > > that won't install if you don't have the original software).
    > > You can ask Canon to send you a new CD.
    > >
    > > But the simplest solution is to buy a cheap CF card reader
    > ($15) and
    > > use this to transfer the images to computer.
    >
    > ....or you could just download the driver :-) from here:
    >
    > http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategory
    > id=223&modelid=7507

    Swell... Thanks, for the help. I do have a cd from a friend, but it
    was not updated to my version of ZoomBrowser apparently, so I’m
    updating it with that Canon site given. Not sure which ZoomBrowser I
    need (there’s two showing) so I’m going to try and use the first
    one..... And hopefully it will work.... Cause I hate my camera at
    the moment.

    Anyways, thanks again.

    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=288581

    "Sawabbaa" wrote:
    > Swell... Thanks, for the help. I do have a cd from a friend,
    > but it was not updated to my version of ZoomBrowser
    > apparently, so I'm updating it with that Canon site given.
    > Not sure which ZoomBrowser I need (there's two showing) so I'm
    > going to try and use the first one..... And hopefully it will
    > work.... Cause I hate my camera at the moment.
    >
    > Anyways, thanks again.
    >
    > Sawabbaa

    Not sure if you have found a suitable solution to your problem by now
    but I have good news! There is a site to download a full version of
    Zoon Browser

    www.alfa.com.au/supports/canon/cameras/zoombrsr22.exe

    You can then download an updater for a newer version.

    I have searched for months and all I could find was updates and no
    full versions. I finally found someone on a forum who knew about this
    webstie. You can go to Canon’s website for the updated versions.

    Have a good day! :D

Cameras Canon Peripherals