Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

BLACK SCREEN AT LOGIN RDP

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
November 22, 2004 12:14:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Still same issues, searched these threads, updated video
drivers, no avail.
ONLY if I login as administrator FIRST, then log out, ONLY
THEN will I be able to gain access NORMALLY via RDP as any
other user who is in the REMOTE ACCESS group.
Always works, login as admin, log out, then successful (NO
BLACK SCREEN) when logging in as anyone else.

Any solutions?

This has been going on for months, and months.

More about : black screen login rdp

Anonymous
November 22, 2004 2:26:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Guruuno <guruuno@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Still same issues, searched these threads, updated video
> drivers, no avail.
> ONLY if I login as administrator FIRST, then log out, ONLY
> THEN will I be able to gain access NORMALLY via RDP as any
> other user who is in the REMOTE ACCESS group.
> Always works, login as admin, log out, then successful (NO
> BLACK SCREEN) when logging in as anyone else.
>
> This has been going on for months, and months.

Have you tried disabling all 3rd-party Services and Start-up items, and
checked whether Remote Desktop works normally then?

--
Robin Walker
rdhw@cam.ac.uk
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 10:42:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

This may be a partial solution - take a look at
http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com/ts/blackhole.htm
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:14:04 -0800, "Guruuno" <guruuno@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Still same issues, searched these threads, updated video
>drivers, no avail.
>ONLY if I login as administrator FIRST, then log out, ONLY
>THEN will I be able to gain access NORMALLY via RDP as any
>other user who is in the REMOTE ACCESS group.
>Always works, login as admin, log out, then successful (NO
>BLACK SCREEN) when logging in as anyone else.
>
>Any solutions?
>
>This has been going on for months, and months.
Related resources
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 9:34:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Did that a LONG time ago, when you or someone answered the
same question(s).

Not applicable.


>-----Original Message-----
>This may be a partial solution - take a look at
>http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com/ts/blackhole.htm
>---
>Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
>jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>
>Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>be answered depending on time availability....
>
>Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>Windows Network Technology Community -
>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
>Windows Home Networking Community -
>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...
>
>On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:14:04 -0800, "Guruuno"
<guruuno@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Still same issues, searched these threads, updated video
>>drivers, no avail.
>>ONLY if I login as administrator FIRST, then log out, ONLY
>>THEN will I be able to gain access NORMALLY via RDP as any
>>other user who is in the REMOTE ACCESS group.
>>Always works, login as admin, log out, then successful (NO
>>BLACK SCREEN) when logging in as anyone else.
>>
>>Any solutions?
>>
>>This has been going on for months, and months.
>
>.
>
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 1:00:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

It isn't that it isn't applicable - it didn't work in your case... :( 

That is all that is known (at least publicly) about the black screen
problems... The only other solution is to open up a PSS issue with
Microsoft to see if they have any internal solutions.
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 06:34:05 -0800, "guruuno@hotmail.com"
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Did that a LONG time ago, when you or someone answered the
>same question(s).
>
>Not applicable.
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>This may be a partial solution - take a look at
>>http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com/ts/blackhole.htm
>>---
>>Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
>>jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>>Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>>of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>>be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>>Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>>http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>>Windows Network Technology Community -
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
>>Windows Home Networking Community -
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...
>>
>>On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:14:04 -0800, "Guruuno"
><guruuno@hotmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Still same issues, searched these threads, updated video
>>>drivers, no avail.
>>>ONLY if I login as administrator FIRST, then log out, ONLY
>>>THEN will I be able to gain access NORMALLY via RDP as any
>>>other user who is in the REMOTE ACCESS group.
>>>Always works, login as admin, log out, then successful (NO
>>>BLACK SCREEN) when logging in as anyone else.
>>>
>>>Any solutions?
>>>
>>>This has been going on for months, and months.
>>
>>.
>>
!