BLACK SCREEN AT LOGIN RDP

Still same issues, searched these threads, updated video
drivers, no avail.
ONLY if I login as administrator FIRST, then log out, ONLY
THEN will I be able to gain access NORMALLY via RDP as any
other user who is in the REMOTE ACCESS group.
Always works, login as admin, log out, then successful (NO
BLACK SCREEN) when logging in as anyone else.

Any solutions?

This has been going on for months, and months.
4 answers Last reply
More about black screen login

    Guruuno <guruuno@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Still same issues, searched these threads, updated video
    > drivers, no avail.
    > ONLY if I login as administrator FIRST, then log out, ONLY
    > THEN will I be able to gain access NORMALLY via RDP as any
    > other user who is in the REMOTE ACCESS group.
    > Always works, login as admin, log out, then successful (NO
    > BLACK SCREEN) when logging in as anyone else.
    >
    > This has been going on for months, and months.

    Have you tried disabling all 3rd-party Services and Start-up items, and
    checked whether Remote Desktop works normally then?

    --
    Robin Walker
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    This may be a partial solution - take a look at
    http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com/ts/blackhole.htm
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    Windows Network Technology Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    Windows Home Networking Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:14:04 -0800, "Guruuno" <guruuno@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Still same issues, searched these threads, updated video
    >drivers, no avail.
    >ONLY if I login as administrator FIRST, then log out, ONLY
    >THEN will I be able to gain access NORMALLY via RDP as any
    >other user who is in the REMOTE ACCESS group.
    >Always works, login as admin, log out, then successful (NO
    >BLACK SCREEN) when logging in as anyone else.
    >
    >Any solutions?
    >
    >This has been going on for months, and months.

    Did that a LONG time ago, when you or someone answered the
    same question(s).

    Not applicable.

    It isn't that it isn't applicable - it didn't work in your case... :(

    That is all that is known (at least publicly) about the black screen
    problems... The only other solution is to open up a PSS issue with
    Microsoft to see if they have any internal solutions.
    ---

    On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 06:34:05 -0800, "guruuno@hotmail.com"

    >Did that a LONG time ago, when you or someone answered the
    >same question(s).
    >
    >Not applicable.

Remote Access Login Microsoft Windows XP