DivX (DX50) avi to DVD

DivX 2.6 doesn't actually play the avi file. I can only view it with Media
Player Classic.
Anyway, I'd like to work out a way to get it onto DVD with free or cheap
software.
I used TMPGEnc to convert it into an mpg, but the audio didn't encode. So, I
used Cool Edit to record the audio while I played the video in Media Player
Classic. Then I tried to recombine the audio with the video using TMPGEnc
DVD but it's actually quite hard to line it up.
There's got to be an easier way to get this video onto DVD... is there?
3 answers Last reply
More about divx dx50

    Tmpgenc can handle audio as well as video - if it couldn't play the
    audio stream I would imagine the problem must be that you don't have
    the appropriate codec. Download gspot to find out what codecs are
    needed to play the audio. If the audio is already .ac3 (Dolby Digital)
    then you can simply demux this from the AVI - use VirtualDubMod for
    this.

    On a sunny day (Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:46:30 +1100) it happened "Rus Davey"
    <rus@aapt.net.au> wrote in <csisul$kf4$1@news-02.connect.com.au>:

    >DivX 2.6 doesn't actually play the avi file. I can only view it with Media
    >Player Classic.
    >Anyway, I'd like to work out a way to get it onto DVD with free or cheap
    >software.
    >I used TMPGEnc to convert it into an mpg, but the audio didn't encode. So, I
    >used Cool Edit to record the audio while I played the video in Media Player
    >Classic. Then I tried to recombine the audio with the video using TMPGEnc
    >DVD but it's actually quite hard to line it up.
    >There's got to be an easier way to get this video onto DVD... is there?
    Normally one would demux the DivX first.
    That is split the audio and video.
    Can virtualdub split it?
    What format is the audio in?
    Once you have got audio and video, convert these to mpeg2 / ac3 (or mp2)
    and remultiplex for DVD.

    2.6 seems really old...
    There are other AVI demuxers too.

    In article <csisul$kf4$1@news-02.connect.com.au>, rus@aapt.net.au
    says...
    > Subject: DivX (DX50) avi to DVD
    > From: "Rus Davey" <rus@aapt.net.au>
    > Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
    >
    > DivX 2.6 doesn't actually play the avi file. I can only view it with Media
    > Player Classic.
    > Anyway, I'd like to work out a way to get it onto DVD with free or cheap
    > software.
    > I used TMPGEnc to convert it into an mpg, but the audio didn't encode. So, I
    > used Cool Edit to record the audio while I played the video in Media Player
    > Classic. Then I tried to recombine the audio with the video using TMPGEnc
    > DVD but it's actually quite hard to line it up.
    > There's got to be an easier way to get this video onto DVD... is there?

    There are currently abut a dozen different ways to go, they are outlined
    here http://www.videohelp.com/
    --
    http://www.ramsays-online.com

Tuner Cards DVD Audio Video AVI DivX Graphics