Remote Desktop Access

Hi. I need to connect to a server through a firewall and my network team
doesn't want to open any extra ports. Can anyone tell me which ports need to
be opened to use remote desktop? I already have allow remote desktop enabled
on the server, but I am getting an error that the client can't connect.
Thanks in advance.

TeresaM wrote:
> I need to connect to a server through a firewall and my network
> team doesn't want to open any extra ports. Can anyone tell me which
> ports need to be opened to use remote desktop? I already have allow
> remote desktop enabled on the server, but I am getting an error that
> the client can't connect. Thanks in advance.

By default, port 3389 needs to be opened for remote desktop to function.

--
<- Shenan ->

TeresaM wrote:
> Hi. I need to connect to a server through a firewall and my network
> team doesn't want to open any extra ports. Can anyone tell me which
> ports need to be opened to use remote desktop? I already have allow
> remote desktop enabled on the server, but I am getting an error that
> the client can't connect. Thanks in advance.

TCP port 3389 inbound. They can open it up just to the server's LAN IP.