Google puts picasa on line for free

http://www.picasa.com/

I actually booted in windows and played with it.
You can use it to make slideshows etc...
makes a list of all pics on your system.
But it DOES try to connect to the internet,
(to send a list of al your pics ;-)?) but failed
as I pulled out the ethernet cable, sort of expected that.

For the rest it seems OK.. Only crashed once.
Just beware of spyware OK?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jan Panteltje wrote:
> http://www.picasa.com/
>
> I actually booted in windows and played with it.
> You can use it to make slideshows etc...
> makes a list of all pics on your system.
> But it DOES try to connect to the internet,
> (to send a list of al your pics ;-)?) but failed
> as I pulled out the ethernet cable, sort of expected that.
>
> For the rest it seems OK.. Only crashed once.
> Just beware of spyware OK?

I doubt you were seeing spyware action; it has an automatic "check for
updates" feature that you can turn off.

I've been playing around today with the new Version 2 that was just
released. It's a nice upgrade to a very good program. Just don't let
it scan your entire system or you'll get "picasa.ini" files dropped
everywhere it finds a jpg.

The slideshow feature is very basic. But then again, it's free.
Eric

On a sunny day (18 Jan 2005 16:45:23 -0800) it happened "Eric"
<byteguy@lanset.com> wrote in
<1106095523.925216.32730@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>:

I've been playing around today with the new Version 2 that was just
>released. It's a nice upgrade to a very good program. Just don't let
>it scan your entire system or you'll get "picasa.ini" files dropped
>everywhere it finds a jpg.

I only found 2 Picasa.ini files, I have many dirs full of jpgs..
So not so bad.