Free Remote Access SW that works behind NAT without portfo..

Hello,

I want to transfer the desktop content of a remote WinXP system to my
machine. The problem is, that the remote machine is behind a
NAT-device. Unfortunately I cannot change the configuration of this
NAT-device (portforwarding is not an option). So I need a remote
control software that is able to connect to my machine (which is not
behind a nat). Is there any easy to set-up solution for my problem?

The only solution that came to my mind is installing a VPN - but this
seems kind of an overkill for my little problem.

Thank you,
Markus

If portforwarding is an option, then setting up a classical VPN would
be difficult...

You might consider one of the tunnelling solutions (SSH or HTTP
Tunnel)...
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com