RDP Client Connection Broken Error

What does the following error mean and what may have caused it to occur? The
user was connected to a Windows 2000 terminal server session: "The connection
to the remote computer has been broken. This may have been caused by a
network error. Please try to reconnect to the remote computer."

Any ideas? Please advise, thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about client connection broken error

    Amanda George <AmandaGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > What does the following error mean and what may have caused it to
    > occur? The user was connected to a Windows 2000 terminal server
    > session: "The connection to the remote computer has been broken.
    > This may have been caused by a network error. Please try to
    > reconnect to the remote computer."

    It means exactly what it says: the disconnection was caused by a network
    error. Try reconnecting.

    --
    Robin Walker
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    I understand the error and reconnection works, but what is the root cause or
    possible network-related issues that could cause this type of behavior?

    "Robin Walker" wrote:

    > Amanda George <AmandaGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > > What does the following error mean and what may have caused it to
    > > occur? The user was connected to a Windows 2000 terminal server
    > > session: "The connection to the remote computer has been broken.
    > > This may have been caused by a network error. Please try to
    > > reconnect to the remote computer."
    >
    > It means exactly what it says: the disconnection was caused by a network
    > error. Try reconnecting.
    >
    > --
    > Robin Walker
    > rdhw@cam.ac.uk

Connection Computers Microsoft Terminal Server Windows XP