no remote desktop connection work to home

I can no longer connect to my home computer from my work computer
using Remote Desktop if I have logged off at home. If I leave my home
computer on without logging off I can connect from work. Up until
recently, I was able to do this with no problem.

I can't remember anything that I've changed except for installing XP
service pack 2 a couple of weeks ago. Any ideas?

Cambridgeways <cambridgeways@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I can no longer connect to my home computer from my work computer
> using Remote Desktop if I have logged off at home. If I leave my home
> computer on without logging off I can connect from work. Up until
> recently, I was able to do this with no problem.
>
> I can't remember anything that I've changed except for installing XP
> service pack 2 a couple of weeks ago.

That will be the cause of the problem. I expect you have an NVIDIA video
card too. The NVIDIA driver included with XP SP2 is faulty in this respect.
Try updating the NVIDIA driver on your hom ePC with the latest version from
their web site.

--
Robin Walker
rdhw@cam.ac.uk

"Robin Walker" <rdhw@cam.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<co0kcr$94q$1@gemini.csx.cam.ac.uk>...
> Cambridgeways <cambridgeways@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I can no longer connect to my home computer from my work computer
> > using Remote Desktop if I have logged off at home. If I leave my home
> > computer on without logging off I can connect from work. Up until
> > recently, I was able to do this with no problem.
> >
> > I can't remember anything that I've changed except for installing XP
> > service pack 2 a couple of weeks ago.
>
> That will be the cause of the problem. I expect you have an NVIDIA video
> card too. The NVIDIA driver included with XP SP2 is faulty in this respect.
> Try updating the NVIDIA driver on your hom ePC with the latest version from
> their web site.

I downloaded the Intel video driver and that did the trick. Thank you.