Discouragment by addaptation

by encouraging a more tactical real time play you encourage them by showing
them how they can find a place in the game without cheating, appeal to the
pride in themselfs.

I dont think there would be a need to, why would anyone hack while fighting
a fire fight if they can do most of the functions from an observer position
to win.

"Jaryth" <Jaryth_Saryth@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> by encouraging a more tactical real time play you encourage them by
showing
> them how they can find a place in the game without cheating, appeal to the
> pride in themselfs.

Pride's a good word, but I feel it doesn't apply to those who lie to
themselves.
Pride is what you feel after a fair headshot from across the map with a
deagle.
Pride is sneaking up behind the bastard tango you've been stealthily
following
since he wasted your commerades with a AWP within the first minute of
gameplay. Pride is something cheats don't feel; to them pride is '/rank'.

> I dont think there would be a need to, why would anyone hack while
fighting
> a fire fight if they can do most of the functions from an observer
position
> to win.

They'd hack because their name appears at the top of the scoreboard. They
hack to win, and for no other reason. And for that reason alone, no amount
of tinkering with the gameplay will rid us of them. Now, if you *really*
want
to see an end to cheaters then sit back, put your feet up and wait a fair
few
years; it's coming... Virtual Network Computing. Only when games run
on remote computers and our actions are broadcast over the net to our
desktops or laptops or tablets or TVs or handhelds or Microsoft Microwave
ovens (tm) will cheating be improbable. Until then, just grin and bare it.

They play to win, is there an I in team and if so there are some really bad
players.

The way I see it is hackers are people who play bad, and because they hack
they lose there playing skills even more.

The couldnt get pride from hacking, I couldnt feel like a winner if i
hacked, not knowing that the reaction, skill and tactical thinking i spent
years homing to a fine almost perfection where slowly being pissed down the
drain because a hack was doing it for me.

I cant beleive that any respectable game player would do this to them selfs
but no doubt they do. Even my friend whos only been playing online for about
2 months started hacking, he dosnt have many battle skills in the first
place and its easy to see why he would hack but eventually he'll be so use
to the hack doing the work that he cant actually play the game.

All I really want is for humans to realise they are better than any hack
available if they play a team game.

Just Me wrote:

> years; it's coming... Virtual Network Computing. Only when games run
> on remote computers and our actions are broadcast over the net to our
> desktops or laptops or tablets or TVs or handhelds or Microsoft Microwave
> ovens (tm) will cheating be improbable.

And the mouse lag would be horrible.

Styvaen.

"Styvaen" <abuse@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> And the mouse lag would be horrible.

VNC from ME box to XP box running Ult@VNC over
100Mb LAN shows very little lag. In fact, it is extremely
comfortable to use. I VNC to said XP box from work
over ADSL and there is little difference. 10 or 15 years
down the line and VNC will be the norm for those with
a tablet or other thin client. The thin client is Microsoft's
long-term goal, not to mention every other vendors. It
offers a license to make money. All wear missing for it
to become a reality today is bandwidth.

Okay I get that each client tells the other game clients there positions and
such and hacks exploit these private variables to a stupidly unplayable
level. I get that having only the server know the where abouts of players is
a solution.

This post was mainly a long and tired discusion against aim hackers who dont
have any skills and are unwilling to learn by conventional methods.

Maybe just maybe I have an idea once every blue moon.. I beleive we could
prevent it rather than cure it but before i post my idea im gonna work on it
a bit more, I dont have the necesary technical information to explain it
right now..

Catcha laters and thanks for the replys if you wanna email me or msn

Jaryth_Saryth@hotmail.com