RDP printing and SP2!

I have an issue with remote desktop printing:

I can't seem to map my physical HP dekjet 880 on my XP PRO SP2 machine to a
win 2k3 server at the office.

I've loaded the appropriate driver on the server.

NO indication of any attempt to connect a terminal services printer in the
event logs after a conection.

Same results when connecting to a Win 2k server from my Win XP SP2 machine

I DO get a connection when connectiong from my out of office 2k3 server
(same printer installed on it as on my XP SP2 workstation)

This wreaks like another SP2 issue (firewall IS turned off).

Any ideas would sure be appreciated...
1 answer Last reply
More about printing

    Rob <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > I can't seem to map my physical HP dekjet 880 on my XP PRO SP2
    > machine to a win 2k3 server at the office.
    >
    > I DO get a connection when connectiong from my out of office 2k3
    > server (same printer installed on it as on my XP SP2 workstation)

    See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302361
    Printers That Use Ports That Do Not Begin With COM, LPT, or USB Are Not
    Redirected in a Remote Desktop or Terminal Services Session

    --
    Robin Walker
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

Servers Windows XP