Remote desktop with AD HOC

woody

Hi,
I'm trying to operate my desktop with my laptop in my office. no internet.

I installed wireless network cards in both the desktop and the laptop.
I set up an AD HOC network and can view files back and forth.

I want to operate the desktop with my laptop similar to Remote Desk... where
I can see a view of the desktop just as if I was sitting in from off it and
use my laptop keys and mouse to operate the desk....open programs, etc.

Is this possible with AD HOC? Is this possible using only the wireless cards
without a router or hub and without connecting to the internet?

If I need some hardware or software can you tell me what I need? Specifically?

Thanks you, Woody

Reply to message from "Woody" <Woody@discussions.microsoft.com> (Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:35:
01) about "Remote desktop with AD HOC":

> Hi,
> I'm trying to operate my desktop with my laptop in my office. no internet.

> I installed wireless network cards in both the desktop and the laptop. I set up an AD
> HOC network and can view files back and forth.

> I want to operate the desktop with my laptop similar to Remote Desk... where I can see
> a view of the desktop just as if I was sitting in from off it and use my laptop keys
> and mouse to operate the desk....open programs, etc.

> Is this possible with AD HOC? Is this possible using only the wireless cards without a
> router or hub and without connecting to the internet?

> If I need some hardware or software can you tell me what I need? Specifically?

> Thanks you, Woody

Sure you can do that... See this page for links to both enable Remote Desktop, authorize
users and install the client.

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/RemoteDesktopSetupandTroubleshooting.
html

Call using the IP of the desktop's wireless NIC.

Of course this presumes you're running XP Pro on the desktop PC.

------
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.0 for the PocketPC

TRENDING THREADS