dose anyone know how i can get my server to download the m..

Dose anyne know how i can fix this ok i run a server for counter-strike and
you know some of the maps have wads but the thing is no one can download
them from my server.

Ian

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:55:16 GMT, "Jonathan Micheal Young"
<jonathan_m_young@verizon.net> wrote:

>Dose anyne know how i can fix this ok i run a server for counter-strike and
>you know some of the maps have wads but the thing is no one can download
>them from my server.

a .res file, named the same as the map, eg de_karachi01.res

// .\de_karachi01.res

// .res entries:
halflife.wad
cstrike.wad

gfx/env/dustyup.tga
gfx/env/dustydn.tga
gfx/env/dustylf.tga
gfx/env/dustyrt.tga
gfx/env/dustyft.tga
gfx/env/dustybk.tga

sound/ambience/kar_bus1c.wav
sound/ambience/muslim.wav
sound/ambience/song01.wav
sound/ambience/fire.wav
sound/ambience/kar_belly1b.wav
sound/ambience/kar_warz02.wav
sound/ambience/kar_street1a.wav
sound/ambience/waterfall1.wav
sound/ambience/mario2.wav
sprites/fire.spr
sprites/xsmoke1.spr
models/golf.mdl

The .res files still didn't work. I tried a few maps and no one still can't
get the .wads does anyone know how to fix this.

Jonathan Micheal Young wrote:

> The .res files still didn't work. I tried a few maps and no one still can't
> get the .wads does anyone know how to fix this.
<snip>

Maybe check the paths, or variables such as allowing client download.
The .res file should reside in the cstrike/maps directory I think, and
make sure the paths in that file are correct and relative to the cstrike
directory like Ian's post.

--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : troy@piggo.com