dose anyone know how i can get my server to download the m..

Dose anyne know how i can fix this ok i run a server for counter-strike and
you know some of the maps have wads but the thing is no one can download
them from my server.
3 answers Last reply
More about dose server download

    On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:55:16 GMT, "Jonathan Micheal Young"
    <jonathan_m_young@verizon.net> wrote:

    >Dose anyne know how i can fix this ok i run a server for counter-strike and
    >you know some of the maps have wads but the thing is no one can download
    >them from my server.

    a .res file, named the same as the map, eg de_karachi01.res

    // .\de_karachi01.res

    // .res entries:
    halflife.wad
    cstrike.wad

    gfx/env/dustyup.tga
    gfx/env/dustydn.tga
    gfx/env/dustylf.tga
    gfx/env/dustyrt.tga
    gfx/env/dustyft.tga
    gfx/env/dustybk.tga

    sound/ambience/kar_bus1c.wav
    sound/ambience/muslim.wav
    sound/ambience/song01.wav
    sound/ambience/fire.wav
    sound/ambience/kar_belly1b.wav
    sound/ambience/kar_warz02.wav
    sound/ambience/kar_street1a.wav
    sound/ambience/waterfall1.wav
    sound/ambience/mario2.wav
    sprites/fire.spr
    sprites/xsmoke1.spr
    models/golf.mdl

    The .res files still didn't work. I tried a few maps and no one still can't
    get the .wads does anyone know how to fix this.

    Jonathan Micheal Young wrote:

    > The .res files still didn't work. I tried a few maps and no one still can't
    > get the .wads does anyone know how to fix this.
    <snip>

    Maybe check the paths, or variables such as allowing client download.
    The .res file should reside in the cstrike/maps directory I think, and
    make sure the paths in that file are correct and relative to the cstrike
    directory like Ian's post.

    --
    T R O Y P I G G I N S
    e : troy@piggo.com