How number pictures sequentially? Fuji S3000

How do I make my Fuji S3000 number pictures sequentially between card
empties? My A210 did this great. The S3000 starts numbering over at 1 each
time I copy the card contents to my computer. Annoying!

--
[For spam reasons, I dump all email sent to my above email. Please reply to
the newsgroup.]

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:20:30 -0700, BBrian <deusenet@increa.com>
wrote:

>How do I make my Fuji S3000 number pictures sequentially between card
>empties? My A210 did this great. The S3000 starts numbering over at 1 each
>time I copy the card contents to my computer. Annoying!

The 3 digital cameras I have access to (Ixus, A60 (both Canon) and
Nikon D70) all have a menu option for sequential file numbering -
you should consult with the manual. It should be as easy as looking
up 'file numerbring' in the index at the back of the manual!

"Rolf Egil Sølvik" <rolfegil@c2i.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:20:30 -0700, BBrian <deusenet@increa.com>
> wrote:
>
> >How do I make my Fuji S3000 number pictures sequentially between card
> >empties? My A210 did this great. The S3000 starts numbering over at 1
each
> >time I copy the card contents to my computer. Annoying!
>
> The 3 digital cameras I have access to (Ixus, A60 (both Canon) and
> Nikon D70) all have a menu option for sequential file numbering -
> you should consult with the manual. It should be as easy as looking
> up 'file numerbring' in the index at the back of the manual!

I have a Fuji camera that if you remove all of the images from the camera
memory card, it starts numbering at one.

But it you leave one image with the last number on the card, the next
picture will be the next number.

It is a Fujifilm 2650 camera.

My Olympus camera has a menu selection for numbering.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

I had a 2600 and I think that can be changed as an option also.