JVC Camcorder and Fireiwre

Jonathan

I recently purchased a JVC GRD53 digital camcorder. When I got it home
I installed it and put the drivers on my computer. I was able to
download the video on to my PC via the USB link supplied. I then found
that the quality was poor. As a result I then purchased a firewire to
link the camcorder to the PC. However when I connect the firewire the
computer does not recognise the camcorder and I can not capture via
the firewire.

Does anyone know of problems with JVC and firewires?

Should I have drivers for the firewire?

Any help gratefully accepted.

On 19 Jan 2005 11:13:05 -0800, jcl65_99@yahoo.com (Jonathan) wrote:

>I recently purchased a JVC GRD53 digital camcorder. When I got it home
>I installed it and put the drivers on my computer. I was able to
>download the video on to my PC via the USB link supplied. I then found
>that the quality was poor. As a result I then purchased a firewire to
>link the camcorder to the PC. However when I connect the firewire the
>computer does not recognise the camcorder and I can not capture via
>the firewire.
>
>Does anyone know of problems with JVC and firewires?
>
>Should I have drivers for the firewire?
>
>Any help gratefully accepted.

What operating system and does your computer reconize the firewire
port on your computer. First your computer has to reconize the
firewire card and second depending on your operating system whether
you need a driver for the firewire hardware. You have a miniDV
camcorder so it is a computer problem. Lastly what software are you
using to capture.

What capture software are you using? Under which OS? My guess on the outset
is that if you are using the same capture software as you did with the USB
caps you will need to point the software to the 1394, because software
remembers the last input used. More specific information would help to solve
the problem anyway.
--
Larry Johnson
Digital Video Solutions