Premiere Pro 1.5 Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 20, 2005 6:13:09 AM

I have exported stereo audio from Cakewalk HomeStudio into separate left and
right tracks because I noticed what appears to be an imbalance between the
l/r channel outputs and I would like to normalize them separately. Ok, now
this is my first attempt at joining separate l/r stereo tracks back into a
master stereo track. Am I correct that I would take the left audio track
assigned to audio track 1 and pan that track to the left 100% and the right
track on audio 2 panned to 100% right and then target them directly to the
master track? Will that result in a proper stereo output? It sounds fine
on my computer speakers, but it sounds pretty flat played through my home
stereo.

--
A sickened mind and spirit
The mirror tells me lies

THX 1138

More about : premiere pro question

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 6:21:38 PM

"Fastfwd" <fastfwd01@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have exported stereo audio from Cakewalk HomeStudio into separate left
>and right tracks because I noticed what appears to be an imbalance between
>the l/r channel outputs and I would like to normalize them separately. Ok,
>now this is my first attempt at joining separate l/r stereo tracks back
>into a master stereo track. Am I correct that I would take the left audio
>track assigned to audio track 1 and pan that track to the left 100% and the
>right track on audio 2 panned to 100% right and then target them directly
>to the master track? Will that result in a proper stereo output? It
>sounds fine on my computer speakers, but it sounds pretty flat played
>through my home stereo.

Yes.. that's fine.

proper stereo output?

normalizing them seperately will affect your stereo output but when you
place them back into Premiere and set their levels it will be fine.

!