DVD2SVCD Borders and Aspect Problem

Hi everyone, I hope you can help me with this.

I'm converting DivX avi to DVD, and I'm getting the hang of Virtualdub,
avisynth and CCE. I came across DVD2SVCD and it makes setting up
parameters very easy, but I'm having a problem with aspect ratios and
borders. I selected the 4:3 no borders option, and Resize to 720X480.

However, on preview, the frame width appears shortened from the sides,
and when run, the AVIsynth*.avs file confirms that the resize is like
520X480 with added borders 90,0,90,0 (from memory...I'm at work...).
(perfect hands-off a/v sync, BTW, even with VBR MP3)

What am I doing wrong??

Also, do you have any educated opinions as to the output quality using
the DVD2SVCD/RoBa method vs. the longhand vdub/avisynth/cce method? My
eye is not yet experienced enough to see the small stuff that affects
quality.

Thanks!

Dok

Here I am, replying to my own posts again! It's amazing... as soon as
I post, my brain thinks of the correct search word, and there's the
answer....

Well, for the newbies who find this thread, here's the answer:

use "16:9 encoded as 4:3" It makes no intuitive sense but that's the
answer. Mathematically it's correct but the labelling is misleading.
Search the Doom9 forum DVD2SVCR for the explaination.
BTW, Trim is not doable as of now in DVD2SVCR. :(

Dok