Internet access machine only

I'm looking for a low-cost device that would connect to my home wireless
network (802.11b/g) so that I can browse the Internet, I don't need it to do
anything else. It needs to be portable or at least mobile (ie: small enough
to fit on a chair, screen embedded). I would even go for a wired solution if
none else exist.

I've looked all around the web for something like it, but the closest thing
that I found was the Sidekick from T-Mobile. But it connects cellular, so no
good.

Please Help Me!
1 answer Last reply
More about internet access machine only

    Hi

    Since these devices are not mass merchants like regular Laptop they are
    relatively expensive. I would get a refurbished or used laptop with Win98se
    or Win2000, and fit it with a Wireless card ($15-$20).

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    If you look around you might find one for few hundreds $$$, most of the time
    it would come with Windows Lic. Included.

    "Sosa" <Sosa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a low-cost device that would connect to my home wireless
    > network (802.11b/g) so that I can browse the Internet, I don't need it to
    do
    > anything else. It needs to be portable or at least mobile (ie: small
    enough
    > to fit on a chair, screen embedded). I would even go for a wired solution
    if
    > none else exist.
    >
    > I've looked all around the web for something like it, but the closest
    thing
    > that I found was the Sidekick from T-Mobile. But it connects cellular, so
    no
    > good.
    >
    > Please Help Me!

Internet Access Wireless Wireless Networking