Internet access machine only

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
October 29, 2004 12:53:10 PM

I'm looking for a low-cost device that would connect to my home wireless
network (802.11b/g) so that I can browse the Internet, I don't need it to do
anything else. It needs to be portable or at least mobile (ie: small enough
to fit on a chair, screen embedded). I would even go for a wired solution if
none else exist.

I've looked all around the web for something like it, but the closest thing
that I found was the Sidekick from T-Mobile. But it connects cellular, so no
good.

Please Help Me!
October 29, 2004 4:40:12 PM

Hi

Since these devices are not mass merchants like regular Laptop they are
relatively expensive. I would get a refurbished or used laptop with Win98se
or Win2000, and fit it with a Wireless card ($15-$20).

Jack (MVP-Networking).

If you look around you might find one for few hundreds $$$, most of the time
it would come with Windows Lic. Included.