Remote Assistance Error "has closed connection to your com..

Hi,
Remote Assistance has been working fine between my mom's machine and mine
for many months. Then, while helping her sort some E-Mail we were
disconnected. Now whenever we try to do remote assistance it fails with the
message "has closed connection to your computer" (no username, just that
message exactly).

I tried knowledgebase article 300067 but found all the required groups were
listed. Also, in that article they say a username usually appears in front
of the error message, in this case it doesn't.

I have XP Pro, she has XP Home, both have SP2 installed. She has
Symantec/Norton antivirus and I have AGV. The only recent changes to the
computers were some live updates to norton on her end. Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance error closed connection

    Did you ever fix this problem? I'm getting the same error.

    "Milo" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Remote Assistance has been working fine between my mom's machine and mine
    > for many months. Then, while helping her sort some E-Mail we were
    > disconnected. Now whenever we try to do remote assistance it fails with the
    > message "has closed connection to your computer" (no username, just that
    > message exactly).
    >
    > I tried knowledgebase article 300067 but found all the required groups were
    > listed. Also, in that article they say a username usually appears in front
    > of the error message, in this case it doesn't.
    >
    > I have XP Pro, she has XP Home, both have SP2 installed. She has
    > Symantec/Norton antivirus and I have AGV. The only recent changes to the
    > computers were some live updates to norton on her end. Any ideas?

    Any chance your running NAV 2005? The built-in worm protection causes problems with TCP Port 3389,
    which is used by both Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance.

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "MakinMeCrazy" <MakinMeCrazy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Did you ever fix this problem? I'm getting the same error.
    >
    > "Milo" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> Remote Assistance has been working fine between my mom's machine and mine
    >> for many months. Then, while helping her sort some E-Mail we were
    >> disconnected. Now whenever we try to do remote assistance it fails with the
    >> message "has closed connection to your computer" (no username, just that
    >> message exactly).
    >>
    >> I tried knowledgebase article 300067 but found all the required groups were
    >> listed. Also, in that article they say a username usually appears in front
    >> of the error message, in this case it doesn't.
    >>
    >> I have XP Pro, she has XP Home, both have SP2 installed. She has
    >> Symantec/Norton antivirus and I have AGV. The only recent changes to the
    >> computers were some live updates to norton on her end. Any ideas?

Connection Windows XP