access is denied when offering remote assistance

November 30, 2004 6:37:04 AM

I want to offer remote assistance, but I always get access denied window?
Even if I put wrong host address, I get access denied. There are no
firewalls or group policies. I even uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled it again.
I think there most be a corrupt registry key or system file. I don’t find
files or registry keys what is controlling the access rights.
Tnx
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 8:46:13 AM

Are you in a domain or trusted domain environment? If not, ie. your in a simple work group
environment like most home users are, then you can't use the offer functionality of Remote
Assistance... If your in a work group environment see this page for a possible work around...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteAssistance/...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Timo" <Timo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to offer remote assistance, but I always get access denied window?
> Even if I put wrong host address, I get access denied. There are no
> firewalls or group policies. I even uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled it again.
> I think there most be a corrupt registry key or system file. I don’t find
> files or registry keys what is controlling the access rights.
> Tnx

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 11:30:53 AM

Nice write-up Al!

news:o pZ8yIt1EHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Are you in a domain or trusted domain environment? If not, ie. your in a
> simple work group environment like most home users are, then you can't use
> the offer functionality of Remote Assistance... If your in a work group
> environment see this page for a possible work around...
>
> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteAssistance/...
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>
> "Timo" <Timo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I want to offer remote assistance, but I always get access denied window?
>> Even if I put wrong host address, I get access denied. There are no
>> firewalls or group policies. I even uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled it
>> again.
>> I think there most be a corrupt registry key or system file. I don't find
>> files or registry keys what is controlling the access rights.
>> Tnx

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 11:30:54 AM

Thank you sir...