access is denied when offering remote assistance

I want to offer remote assistance, but I always get access denied window?
Even if I put wrong host address, I get access denied. There are no
firewalls or group policies. I even uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled it again.
I think there most be a corrupt registry key or system file. I don’t find
files or registry keys what is controlling the access rights.
Tnx
3 answers Last reply
More about access denied offering remote assistance

    Are you in a domain or trusted domain environment? If not, ie. your in a simple work group
    environment like most home users are, then you can't use the offer functionality of Remote
    Assistance... If your in a work group environment see this page for a possible work around...

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteAssistance/RemoteAssistance.html

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Timo" <Timo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I want to offer remote assistance, but I always get access denied window?
    > Even if I put wrong host address, I get access denied. There are no
    > firewalls or group policies. I even uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled it again.
    > I think there most be a corrupt registry key or system file. I don’t find
    > files or registry keys what is controlling the access rights.
    > Tnx

    Nice write-up Al!

    > Are you in a domain or trusted domain environment? If not, ie. your in a
    > simple work group environment like most home users are, then you can't use
    > the offer functionality of Remote Assistance... If your in a work group
    > environment see this page for a possible work around...
    >
    > http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteAssistance/RemoteAssistance.html
    >
    > --
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > benefit of all of us...
    > rights...
    >
    > "Timo" <Timo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I want to offer remote assistance, but I always get access denied window?
    >> Even if I put wrong host address, I get access denied. There are no
    >> firewalls or group policies. I even uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled it
    >> again.
    >> I think there most be a corrupt registry key or system file. I don't find
    >> files or registry keys what is controlling the access rights.
    >> Tnx

    Thank you sir...

    --

    "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
    > Nice write-up Al!
    >
    > "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Are you in a domain or trusted domain environment? If not, ie. your in a simple work group
    >> environment like most home users are, then you can't use the offer functionality of Remote
    >> Assistance... If your in a work group environment see this page for a possible work around...
    >>
    >> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteAssistance/RemoteAssistance.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    >> "Timo" <Timo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>I want to offer remote assistance, but I always get access denied window?
    >>> Even if I put wrong host address, I get access denied. There are no
    >>> firewalls or group policies. I even uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled it again.
    >>> I think there most be a corrupt registry key or system file. I don't find
    >>> files or registry keys what is controlling the access rights.
    >>> Tnx

Registry Microsoft Windows XP