Counter-Strike 1.6 Crosshairs

Last response: in Video Games
June 9, 2004 8:23:14 PM

Is there any way that i can get a crosshair for my sniper rifles that
dont have a crosshair?
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 10:58:06 AM

Press the "fire2" or "alternate fire" button - usually mouse right-click.

"cKy" <cky666_666@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way that i can get a crosshair for my sniper rifles that
> dont have a crosshair?
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 3:15:28 PM

Limnophile wrote:

> Press the "fire2" or "alternate fire" button - usually mouse right-click.
>
> "cKy" <cky666_666@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is there any way that i can get a crosshair for my sniper rifles that
>> dont have a crosshair?

I think he wanted a crosshair for an *unscoped* sniper rifle. To the OP,
may I suggest using a whiteboard marker to put a small dot on your screen.

Try doing that at a LAN party :)

Styvaen.
June 10, 2004 4:51:50 PM

Styvaen <abuse@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<KKydnU57TfuyqVXdRVn-tw@nildram.net>...
> Limnophile wrote:
>
> > Press the "fire2" or "alternate fire" button - usually mouse right-click.
> >
> > "cKy" <cky666_666@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Is there any way that i can get a crosshair for my sniper rifles that
> >> dont have a crosshair?
>
> I think he wanted a crosshair for an *unscoped* sniper rifle. To the OP,
> may I suggest using a whiteboard marker to put a small dot on your screen.
>
> Try doing that at a LAN party :)
>
> Styvaen.

lol, but seriously, is there like some kind of sprite that i can do to
make it have an uncoped crosshair WITHOUT messing up my moniter?
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 4:20:00 PM

cKy wrote:

> Styvaen <abuse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Limnophile wrote:
>>
>> > Press the "fire2" or "alternate fire" button - usually mouse
>> > right-click.
>> >
>> > "cKy" <cky666_666@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I think he wanted a crosshair for an *unscoped* sniper rifle. To the OP,
>> may I suggest using a whiteboard marker to put a small dot on your
>> screen.
>>
>> Try doing that at a LAN party :)
>>
>> Styvaen.
>
> lol, but seriously, is there like some kind of sprite that i can do to
> make it have an uncoped crosshair WITHOUT messing up my moniter?

Probably, but if valve wanted you to have one, then one would have been
provided. Therefore if you use a program to put a dot in the middle of the
screen expect the possibility of a ban.

Method #2 (less messy):

For this you will need some blu-tac(sp?) or sticky back plastic (lol British
ppl will find that last suggestion funny) and some fine copper wire. Hold
the copper wire in place so that the copper wire forms a cross-hair.

Styvaen.
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 5:52:04 PM

cKy wrote:
> Is there any way that i can get a crosshair for my sniper rifles that
> dont have a crosshair?

No, I don't think you can. This is a *feature*.
And even though whiteboard marking a dot, or blue-tac'ing a wire
crosshair on your monitor might be funny (and about as useful as using
liquid paper/twink on your monitor to correct mistakes in MS Word), it
won't work. Unscoped sniper rifles will not aim to the same spot.
You can try this yourself by firing at a wall unscoped and see the spray
of bullets, and you will see how useless a crosshair would be.
Sorry, it is either scope it, or use a smg/rifle/pistol/shotty/knife
instead.

--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : troy@piggo.com

> No, I don't think you can. This is a *feature*.
> And even though whiteboard marking a dot, or blue-tac'ing a wire
> crosshair on your monitor might be funny (and about as useful as using
> liquid paper/twink on your monitor to correct mistakes in MS Word), it
> won't work. Unscoped sniper rifles will not aim to the same spot.
> You can try this yourself by firing at a wall unscoped and see the spray
> of bullets, and you will see how useless a crosshair would be.
> Sorry, it is either scope it, or use a smg/rifle/pistol/shotty/knife
> instead.

Well, of course if you hold the button down to shoot, scoping rifles all
have horrible sprays, but mostly if you do a single shot, then another
single shot, it will be pretty consistant, even without scoping.

This is why it is possible to "noscope" somebody if you know where the
center of your screen is.

onion
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 12:51:47 AM

I'd agree, but only to a certain extent - the scout is certainly very
accurate unscoped, AWPs/auto-snipers however are much less so (and to be
honest I think the AWP isn't even that accurate when scoped ;) )

> Well, of course if you hold the button down to shoot, scoping rifles all
> have horrible sprays, but mostly if you do a single shot, then another
> single shot, it will be pretty consistant, even without scoping.
>
> This is why it is possible to "noscope" somebody if you know where the
> center of your screen is.
>
> onion
Anonymous
December 2, 2008 4:55:41 PM

You could find a model for the weapon with a lazer on it, which would give you a dot in the middle of the screen....
December 4, 2008 8:34:41 PM

You can always quick scope to shoot without a crosshair.. for this to be accurate you have to have a feel for the game and a bit of experience really. Just as soon as you switch to the awp (primary weapon), press and right mouse button, then press and hold left mouse button simultaneously, but you must do so in that order, holding both down. Once the weapon switch timer expires your awp will fire, and although the bullet will appear to not be accurate based on the bullet hole, it indeed does shoot centered on your screen. If you need proof, create a LAN game and try it in there. You'll see it does indeed shoot centered, it's just the server interpolation will fake the client into thinking you shoot to soon to be scoped, when infact it did scope and is centered. Anyways, this is confusing, but if you're looking for a bit more CS advice check out gotfrag.com ... Please note that website is full of prepubescent annoying kids, but has tons of useful info for competitive gaming. Hope this helps. -1ceboX
December 4, 2008 8:37:50 PM

I am sure all the anonymous people from 2004 are rejoicing at this advice 4 years later.

Please people check the dates of posts you are responding to. If that post is more than a couple of months old, chances are everybody has moved on since.
December 5, 2008 9:14:34 AM

Currently we're thinking it is not a deliberate attack but the result of a forum bug that causes topics to be wrongly sorted. Old topics show up high on the list and so people read them and respond to them again.

Not sure how the bug works though because I don't have the problem.
May 3, 2009 6:36:19 PM

hey guys
how can i change the crosshair size in cs 1.6 to a smaller one?
i don't have it as an option in the game menu,and i treid to search it in the net,but all i came up was for color adjustemnet.
is there some way to do it?
any help would be most welcome
June 21, 2009 7:01:06 AM

Quote: