security alerts generated when accessing via remote desktop

I have a server that i access via remote desktop. i get repeated security
alerts indicating that my anti-virus program is not working. i turned off
the security alerts service, and turned them off in the registry, but they
are still generated. I tried connecting a monitor keyboard & mouse directly
to the server, and when i did that, i didn't get the alerts. I need to keep
the current set-up (that is, accessing this server via remote desktop), but
the alerts are really annoying - is there something that needs to be done to
the remote desktop to fix this?
--
J. McClain

Can you give more precise examples of these alerts? What OS is running on
the server? What vendor and version of antivirus software? Is it clear
whether these alerts are coming from the OS, or are they from the antivirus
software?

You might check the System and Application Event logs to see if the alert
messages are logged--cutting and pasting from these logs to a response on
this thread will make it easier to get this fixed for you.

"J. McClain" <JMcClain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a server that i access via remote desktop. i get repeated security
> alerts indicating that my anti-virus program is not working. i turned off
> the security alerts service, and turned them off in the registry, but they
> are still generated. I tried connecting a monitor keyboard & mouse
> directly
> to the server, and when i did that, i didn't get the alerts. I need to
> keep
> the current set-up (that is, accessing this server via remote desktop),
> but
> the alerts are really annoying - is there something that needs to be done
> the remote desktop to fix this?
> --
> J. McClain

Hi Bill -

The alerts are Symantec security alerts that read: virus protection is
turned off. open your norton product to resolve these issues. using norton
internet security 2004, and i think that is where the alerts are coming from.

I checked the system and application event logs - i don't find anything that
seems to correspond with these messages. Thanks...