4:3-16:9 mix-up

oskar

Hi,
I record dvb-t on a topfield tf5000PVRt, move the data to the PC and
then process it with (W2K SP4):
project x 0.81.8
cuttermaran 1.60
ifoedit 0.96

Some data (from one station - 3sat) causes problems. The transmission
starts 4:3 then changes to 16:9 which the topfield records and displays
correctly.

However, somewhere in the above process the 16:9 information is lost
(ignored?). The 16:9 part is display as 4:3 (stretched vertically).

Any suggestion as to what goes wrong and what I could do to fix this?
Oskar

Oskar wrote:
> Hi,
> I record dvb-t on a topfield tf5000PVRt, move the data to the PC and
> then process it with (W2K SP4):
> project x 0.81.8
> cuttermaran 1.60
> ifoedit 0.96
>
> Some data (from one station - 3sat) causes problems. The transmission
> starts 4:3 then changes to 16:9 which the topfield records and displays
> correctly.
>
> However, somewhere in the above process the 16:9 information is lost
> (ignored?). The 16:9 part is display as 4:3 (stretched vertically).
>
> Any suggestion as to what goes wrong and what I could do to fix this?
> Oskar

you should try PVAStrumento instead of Project x.

PVAStrumento cuts your movie into pieces whenever the aspect ratio
changes. The benefit is that you don't have do do any more cutting
because all the "information" 3sat sends before starting the movie
usuallly is in 4:3 while the movie is in 16:9.

Example: I recorded some of the concerts 3sat showed on Dec. 31st.
All the concerts were in 16:9 while the talking in between was in 4:3.
I received one big file containíng 3 concerts which I sent through
PVAStrumento. PVAStrumento created 7 files (due to the aspect ratio
changes). Files numer 2, 4, 6 were the one with the concerts.

Best reagrds

Andreas

P.S. 3sat deutet auf Deutschkenntnisse :)). Fragen auch direkt an mich