Remote Assistance Invitation

I am trying to send a Remote Assistance invitation to
someone. I get as far as choosing a password and when I
click "Save Invitation" I get the error:"A program could
not start. Please try again."
I have turned off the firewall, enabled the guest
account, and under the Remote tab in System Properties I
have Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop enabled. I am
running XP Pro SP2. I am able to send invitations with
all other computers I use. Is there a setting somewhere I
have missed? Also I have no Services disabled. I thank
you in advance.
7 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance invitation

    Never mind I found a fix. From the command prompt I
    typed "sessmgr -services" and that worked. Why I don't
    know but maybe someone here does? Thanks

    Ok I figured it out. It's the Remote Desktop Help Session
    Manager service that was failing to start. It was
    disabled but not by me.
    Sorry if I have wasted your time, maybe someone else has
    this problem and will benefit from my 3 posts.

    It didn't help me, but it is good that you described the problem and
    described your solution. I have a problem with my machine not able to ask
    for remote assistance and any good idea is worthwhile. Yours certainly was
    a good idea.

    "Abel Diaz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ok I figured it out. It's the Remote Desktop Help Session
    > Manager service that was failing to start. It was
    > disabled but not by me.
    > Sorry if I have wasted your time, maybe someone else has
    > this problem and will benefit from my 3 posts.

    I've tried to use remote assistance invitation but it tells me timed out
    anyone can help me

    cadewoman247 <cadewoman247@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > I've tried to use remote assistance invitation but it tells me timed
    > out anyone can help me

    Please describe in more detail the networking arrangements at the novice end
    (the person requesting assistance). What is the operating system? Is there
    a firewall? Is there a router? What is the nature of the internet
    connection?

    --
    Robin Walker
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    The message says timed out did not response in enought time. I don't know
    what that means. firewall was turned off, xp home, not sure about the
    router, and connection.

    "Robin Walker" wrote:

    > cadewoman247 <cadewoman247@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I've tried to use remote assistance invitation but it tells me timed
    > > out anyone can help me
    >
    > Please describe in more detail the networking arrangements at the novice end
    > (the person requesting assistance). What is the operating system? Is there
    > a firewall? Is there a router? What is the nature of the internet
    > connection?
    >
    > --
    > Robin Walker
    > rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    cadewoman247 <cadewoman247@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > The message says timed out did not response in enought time. I don't
    > know what that means. firewall was turned off, xp home, not sure
    > about the router, and connection.

    Knowing whether there is a router at the Noice end of RemoteAssistance is
    crucial, so it would be good to enquire further.

    If there is a router, it must support UPnP, and UPnP must be enabled.

    --
    Robin Walker
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

Microsoft Windows XP