Lexmark X5150 driver

ceruleanbill

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
It appears that Lexmark has not issued drivers for their X5150 and Windows 7, saying instead that the Vista drivers work. However, I've gotten that driver directly from them, and it doesn't work for me. Others have said it partially works -- print but not scan, or the reverse.

Any thoughts, or ought I to be looking for a new printer?

It's a cruel world ceruleanbill;

Lots of others in the same situation. The others that said it partially works? Did they drop any hints on how they managed?
Lexmark (and other hardware makers) will make extra money by not writing the new software drivers needed for Win7 drivers for some older hardware.
Although I suspect in this case Lexmark might not be getting any extra money from you. To be fair, all the MFGRs are doing this.

ceruleanbill

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011

No, they did not. The comments were usually of the "print function was the only thing that worked" or "I could scan but not print" type.

We're using a new HP laptop with Windows 7 -- and though it would not talk to the Lexmark, it talked happily with our several-years-older HP Laserjet. Guess which brand of printer we're likely to replace the Lexmark with?