What Is An FQF File? Anyone Know?

If someone can give me a clue, I'd be in your debt! While deleting some
unneeded files, I came across "dswplug.fqf" which is 2.3 GB! I can't
figure out what it is and am afraid to delete it if it's needed for some
application or Windows, etc. I wouldn't mind except that 2.3 GB is a
lot of valuable real estate for me. I did a search to see if there are
any other files of that type but it only turned up that one file. If no
one knows, then maybe someone could direct me to some "directory" of
extensions that might help.

-Thanks,
Marty

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Martin Lab" <bigkriss@dlab.com> wrote in message news:zXVId.75743$w62.44502@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> If someone can give me a clue, I'd be in your debt! While deleting some
> unneeded files, I came across "dswplug.fqf" which is 2.3 GB! I can't
> figure out what it is and am afraid to delete it if it's needed for some
> application or Windows, etc. I wouldn't mind except that 2.3 GB is a
> lot of valuable real estate for me. I did a search to see if there are
> any other files of that type but it only turned up that one file. If no
> one knows, then maybe someone could direct me to some "directory" of
> extensions that might help.

Most likely candidate is a FlashFXP queue file:
http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=FQF

Tom wrote:
> "Martin Lab" <bigkriss@dlab.com> wrote in message news:zXVId.75743$w62.44502@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>
>>If someone can give me a clue, I'd be in your debt! While deleting some
>>unneeded files, I came across "dswplug.fqf" which is 2.3 GB! I can't
>>figure out what it is and am afraid to delete it if it's needed for some
>>application or Windows, etc. I wouldn't mind except that 2.3 GB is a
>>lot of valuable real estate for me. I did a search to see if there are
>>any other files of that type but it only turned up that one file. If no
>>one knows, then maybe someone could direct me to some "directory" of
>>extensions that might help.
>

> Most likely candidate is a FlashFXP queue file:
> http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=FQF

Thanks, Tom for your input. I checked FlashFXP but I've never had that
application. However, I did do a search on "dsw" and found many files
relating to Ulead DVD Workshop and Ulead DVD Movie Factory, both of
which I have and use. I think I'll delete it and let it sit in the
recycle bin for a couple of weeks to see if there are any adverse
effects. Does this sound like a reasonable course of action?

-Thanks Folks,
Marty

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:55:27 GMT, Martin Lab <bigkriss@dlab.com>
wrote:

>If someone can give me a clue, I'd be in your debt! While deleting some
>unneeded files, I came across "dswplug.fqf" which is 2.3 GB!

I think that's a software buffer file from when you capture
video using Ulead's directshow plug-in. When you use DVD Workshop, do
you capture DV footage directly to MPEG or anything like that?

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!