Don't buy from Kodak!

Bought a Kodak digital camera at Christmas time and a couple months ago I
was taking pictures.
I turned it off and a little while later I turned it on and then the lens
cover would not open up and it would click a couple of times and then power
off. I called Kodak and got a RMA number and shipped it off to a place they
told me to ship it to called United Camera and Binocular Repair. After about
a week I called to see what the status was on my camera and they said Kodak
refused to cover the warrantee because it was dropped. It had impact damage
on the cover. They said the case was cracked and the lens cover was damaged.
I could not believe it. They want $142.22 to fix it. Believe me, that camera
was not damaged when I shipped it and the way I packed it in bubble wrap, I
can't believe it happened in shipment. Someone there damaged it and now
Kodak won't stand good for it. The place wanted my credit card number to
send it back to me. I'm not stupid enough to give them that since they
already tried to rip me off. So now I don't have my camera and the
warrantee is useless. Please beware if you buy from Kodak! I never will
again!
23 answers Last reply
More about kodak

    Greetings Strike,

    Sorry to hear about your experience.

    I am glad to check on your situation if you like. Please contact me directly
    with your name and address and I will follow through with you. Kodak has
    some very stringent policies and procedures for handling cameras and are not
    afraid to take care of any internal errors like those that you describe. In
    this case, United is a separate company but on contract to Kodak for
    servicing Kodak cameras, so I would think those policies would apply there.

    One of the actions kodak takes in such a situation is to photograph the
    damage they find and share it with you so you can see the reference.

    I am glad to look into your reference, and look forward to helping further
    if I can. I will report what I find in our records.

    Talk to you soon, Strike,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    "Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Bought a Kodak digital camera at Christmas time and a couple months ago I
    > was taking pictures.
    > I turned it off and a little while later I turned it on and then the lens
    > cover would not open up and it would click a couple of times and then
    power
    > off. I called Kodak and got a RMA number and shipped it off to a place
    they
    > told me to ship it to called United Camera and Binocular Repair. After
    about
    > a week I called to see what the status was on my camera and they said
    Kodak
    > refused to cover the warrantee because it was dropped. It had impact
    damage
    > on the cover. They said the case was cracked and the lens cover was
    damaged.
    > I could not believe it. They want $142.22 to fix it. Believe me, that
    camera
    > was not damaged when I shipped it and the way I packed it in bubble wrap,
    > can't believe it happened in shipment. Someone there damaged it and now
    > Kodak won't stand good for it. The place wanted my credit card number to
    > send it back to me. I'm not stupid enough to give them that since they
    > already tried to rip me off. So now I don't have my camera and the
    > warrantee is useless. Please beware if you buy from Kodak! I never will
    > again!

    Back a few years ago I bought my then wife a kodak instant camera like
    polaroid had
    The US courts made them quit making it.
    It was a new camera and they wanted me to buy another of their units and
    only gave me a very small
    amount for my purchase . I did not take and have NOT bought anything from
    them since.
    It was still in warranty and I should have gotten most of my money in a
    refund.

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 01:23:56 GMT, "Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote:

    >Bought a Kodak digital camera at Christmas time and a couple months ago I
    >was taking pictures.
    >I turned it off and a little while later I turned it on and then the lens
    >cover would not open up and it would click a couple of times and then power
    >off. I called Kodak and got a RMA number and shipped it off to a place they
    >told me to ship it to called United Camera and Binocular Repair. After about
    >a week I called to see what the status was on my camera and they said Kodak
    >refused to cover the warrantee because it was dropped. It had impact damage
    >on the cover. They said the case was cracked and the lens cover was damaged.
    >I could not believe it. They want $142.22 to fix it. Believe me, that camera
    >was not damaged when I shipped it and the way I packed it in bubble wrap, I
    >can't believe it happened in shipment. Someone there damaged it and now
    >Kodak won't stand good for it. The place wanted my credit card number to
    >send it back to me. I'm not stupid enough to give them that since they
    >already tried to rip me off. So now I don't have my camera and the
    >warrantee is useless. Please beware if you buy from Kodak! I never will
    >again!

    They are using it out as a copout, the repair was more than they expect so
    they faulty accusing you that you dropped it, seen this comment before but I
    don't know what brand.

    Don't you have a Consumer protection outfit..?

    Wow, now as a goodwill gesture they will send my damaged camera back to me
    without having to pay the $44.00 inspection fee. Real nice of them, huh?
    "Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Bought a Kodak digital camera at Christmas time and a couple months ago I
    > was taking pictures.
    > I turned it off and a little while later I turned it on and then the lens
    > cover would not open up and it would click a couple of times and then
    > power off. I called Kodak and got a RMA number and shipped it off to a
    > place they told me to ship it to called United Camera and Binocular
    > Repair. After about a week I called to see what the status was on my
    > camera and they said Kodak refused to cover the warrantee because it was
    > dropped. It had impact damage on the cover. They said the case was cracked
    > and the lens cover was damaged. I could not believe it. They want $142.22
    > to fix it. Believe me, that camera was not damaged when I shipped it and
    > the way I packed it in bubble wrap, I can't believe it happened in
    > shipment. Someone there damaged it and now Kodak won't stand good for it.
    > The place wanted my credit card number to send it back to me. I'm not
    > stupid enough to give them that since they already tried to rip me off. So
    > now I don't have my camera and the warrantee is useless. Please beware if
    > you buy from Kodak! I never will again!

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Kodak was successfully litigated for patent infringement by Polaroid for an
    idea they told Polaroid would never sell.

    "SLLD" <jimnluna@isp.com> wrote in message
    > Back a few years ago I bought my then wife a kodak instant camera like
    > polaroid had
    > The US courts made them quit making it.
    > It was a new camera and they wanted me to buy another of their units and
    > only gave me a very small
    > amount for my purchase . I did not take and have NOT bought anything from
    > them since.
    > It was still in warranty and I should have gotten most of my money in a
    > refund.
    >

    > "Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Bought a Kodak digital camera at Christmas time and a couple months ago
    > > was taking pictures.
    > > I turned it off and a little while later I turned it on and then the
    lens
    > > cover would not open up and it would click a couple of times and then
    > > power off. I called Kodak and got a RMA number and shipped it off to a
    > > place they told me to ship it to called United Camera and Binocular
    > > Repair. After about a week I called to see what the status was on my
    > > camera and they said Kodak refused to cover the warrantee because it was
    > > dropped. It had impact damage on the cover. They said the case was
    cracked
    > > and the lens cover was damaged. I could not believe it. They want
    $142.22
    > > to fix it. Believe me, that camera was not damaged when I shipped it and
    > > the way I packed it in bubble wrap, I can't believe it happened in
    > > shipment. Someone there damaged it and now Kodak won't stand good for
    it.
    > > The place wanted my credit card number to send it back to me. I'm not
    > > stupid enough to give them that since they already tried to rip me off.
    So
    > > now I don't have my camera and the warrantee is useless. Please beware
    if
    > > you buy from Kodak! I never will again!

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    My experience with Kodak was as follows:

    Bought a DC4800 camera a long time ago - it was when they were high-end,
    spent about $600 on it. The camera worked perfectly for just over 1
    year. It started not focusing properly, even when the LCD screen
    appeared to have a focused image.

    I called Kodak and found I could get it fixed for $99 (I think that was
    the cost) out of warranty. Sent it to them, they returned it, it worked
    fine for 32 days and the problem returned. When I called they wanted
    another $99 to fix it again - I asked for a 1 year warranty on the
    repair and they said no.

    As it sits, I can't use it any more, been almost 2 years since, and I
    won't buy another Kodak camera again.

    I'm considering the Panasonic FZ-20 now....

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Reconsider the Panasonic. I have no experience with their cameras but I have
    been burned good on 3 microwaves ovens, a couple of phones, an answering
    machine and a cassete deck for Panasonic. I think they needed to change
    their name to Denon they were so bad a few years back.

    I don't buy Panasonic anything anymore.

    > My experience with Kodak was as follows:
    >
    > Bought a DC4800 camera a long time ago - it was when they were high-end,
    > spent about $600 on it. The camera worked perfectly for just over 1
    > year. It started not focusing properly, even when the LCD screen
    > appeared to have a focused image.
    >
    > I called Kodak and found I could get it fixed for $99 (I think that was
    > the cost) out of warranty. Sent it to them, they returned it, it worked
    > fine for 32 days and the problem returned. When I called they wanted
    > another $99 to fix it again - I asked for a 1 year warranty on the
    > repair and they said no.
    >
    > As it sits, I can't use it any more, been almost 2 years since, and I
    > won't buy another Kodak camera again.
    >
    > I'm considering the Panasonic FZ-20 now....

    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    "Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Bought a Kodak digital camera at Christmas time and a couple months ago I
    > was taking pictures.
    > I turned it off and a little while later I turned it on and then the lens
    > cover would not open up and it would click a couple of times and then
    > power off. I called Kodak and got a RMA number and shipped it off to a
    > place they told me to ship it to called United Camera and Binocular
    > Repair. After about a week I called to see what the status was on my
    > camera and they said Kodak refused to cover the warrantee because it was
    > dropped. It had impact damage on the cover. They said the case was cracked
    > and the lens cover was damaged. I could not believe it. They want $142.22
    > to fix it. Believe me, that camera was not damaged when I shipped it and
    > the way I packed it in bubble wrap, I can't believe it happened in
    > shipment. Someone there damaged it and now Kodak won't stand good for it.
    > The place wanted my credit card number to send it back to me. I'm not
    > stupid enough to give them that since they already tried to rip me off. So
    > now I don't have my camera and the warrantee is useless. Please beware if
    > you buy from Kodak! I never will again!

    Kodak aftersales is well known.
    I am amazed to see people like yourself still buying Kodak cameras.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Kodak always prefessed to not be a camera company. They only produced a few
    "everyday cameras" to keep the market interested in their film. I seriously
    doubt they manufacture any cameras. They have always been more a chemical
    company.

    "Mike" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

    > "Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Bought a Kodak digital camera at Christmas time and a couple months ago
    > > was taking pictures.
    > > I turned it off and a little while later I turned it on and then the
    lens
    > > cover would not open up and it would click a couple of times and then
    > > power off. I called Kodak and got a RMA number and shipped it off to a
    > > place they told me to ship it to called United Camera and Binocular
    > > Repair. After about a week I called to see what the status was on my
    > > camera and they said Kodak refused to cover the warrantee because it was
    > > dropped. It had impact damage on the cover. They said the case was
    cracked
    > > and the lens cover was damaged. I could not believe it. They want
    $142.22
    > > to fix it. Believe me, that camera was not damaged when I shipped it and
    > > the way I packed it in bubble wrap, I can't believe it happened in
    > > shipment. Someone there damaged it and now Kodak won't stand good for
    it.
    > > The place wanted my credit card number to send it back to me. I'm not
    > > stupid enough to give them that since they already tried to rip me off.
    So
    > > now I don't have my camera and the warrantee is useless. Please beware
    if
    > > you buy from Kodak! I never will again!
    >

    > Kodak aftersales is well known.
    > I am amazed to see people like yourself still buying Kodak cameras.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Hello NG,

    Ron is back again.

    I'm always delighted to listen to the words of this sweet talking man.
    About half a year ago he promised me help concerning a KODAK software
    problem.
    Nothing happened...
    Maybe he isn't real, only some kind of KODAK tranquilizer!

    Best regards

    Wolfgang

    "Ronald Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Greetings Strike,
    >
    > Sorry to hear about your experience.
    >
    > I am glad to check on your situation if you like. Please contact me
    > directly
    > with your name and address and I will follow through with you. Kodak has
    > some very stringent policies and procedures for handling cameras and are
    > not
    > afraid to take care of any internal errors like those that you describe.
    > In
    > this case, United is a separate company but on contract to Kodak for
    > servicing Kodak cameras, so I would think those policies would apply
    > there.
    >
    > One of the actions kodak takes in such a situation is to photograph the
    > damage they find and share it with you so you can see the reference.
    >
    > I am glad to look into your reference, and look forward to helping further
    > if I can. I will report what I find in our records.
    >
    > Talk to you soon, Strike,
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company
    >

    > "Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> Bought a Kodak digital camera at Christmas time and a couple months ago I
    >> was taking pictures.
    >> I turned it off and a little while later I turned it on and then the lens
    >> cover would not open up and it would click a couple of times and then
    > power
    >> off. I called Kodak and got a RMA number and shipped it off to a place
    > they
    >> told me to ship it to called United Camera and Binocular Repair. After
    > about
    >> a week I called to see what the status was on my camera and they said
    > Kodak
    >> refused to cover the warrantee because it was dropped. It had impact
    > damage
    >> on the cover. They said the case was cracked and the lens cover was
    > damaged.
    >> I could not believe it. They want $142.22 to fix it. Believe me, that
    > camera
    >> was not damaged when I shipped it and the way I packed it in bubble wrap,
    >> can't believe it happened in shipment. Someone there damaged it and now
    >> Kodak won't stand good for it. The place wanted my credit card number to
    >> send it back to me. I'm not stupid enough to give them that since they
    >> already tried to rip me off. So now I don't have my camera and the
    >> warrantee is useless. Please beware if you buy from Kodak! I never will
    >> again!

  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    "John P Bengi" <JBengi (spamm)@(spamm) yahoo,com> wrote in message
    > Kodak always prefessed to not be a camera company. They only produced a
    > few
    > "everyday cameras" to keep the market interested in their film. I
    > seriously
    > doubt they manufacture any cameras. They have always been more a chemical
    > company.

    another reason not to buy them
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    That's sort of debatable, in that they did produce/sell a few legendary
    rangefinder models in the good old film days.

    > "John P Bengi" <JBengi (spamm)@(spamm) yahoo,com> wrote in message
    >> Kodak always prefessed to not be a camera company. They only produced a
    >> few
    >> "everyday cameras" to keep the market interested in their film. I
    >> seriously
    >> doubt they manufacture any cameras. They have always been more a chemical
    >> company.
    >
    > another reason not to buy them

  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    I bought my wife a Kodak 35mm automatic Camera, many years ago. It is
    still working today and taking great pictures...
    It came with a 9v power pack, ( as opposed to batteries ) which lasted
    forever./ Eventually when it did die, I contacted Kodak as I couldn't find a
    replacement, & they very generously sent me a free replacement...They
    certainly didn't have to...
    More recently I bought my first digital Camera. A kodak DX 3600. I had no
    problems what so ever with it, other than the fact the Dock is useless and
    unnecessary. I tossed that and used a card reader...
    I later sold the DX 3600 and bought the DX 6490, a beaut... with the 10 x
    zoom. and again, no problems... The only thing I would like them to change
    is the jpeg compression rate. I think it is a bit much...
    I think what I'm saying here is, you are going to have problems with any
    major brand, not just Kodak...
    My next choice will be Canon though, pretty hard to beat...

    "Bojangles" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote in message
    > Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Pentax and Sony you can't go wrong. I have either
    > owned or used many cameras from the above manufacturers they are all of
    > excellent quality.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    You must of been the lucky one.

    "Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com> wrote in message
    > I bought my wife a Kodak 35mm automatic Camera, many years ago. It is
    > still working today and taking great pictures...
    > It came with a 9v power pack, ( as opposed to batteries ) which lasted
    > forever./ Eventually when it did die, I contacted Kodak as I couldn't find
    > a replacement, & they very generously sent me a free replacement...They
    > certainly didn't have to...
    > More recently I bought my first digital Camera. A kodak DX 3600. I had no
    > problems what so ever with it, other than the fact the Dock is useless and
    > unnecessary. I tossed that and used a card reader...
    > I later sold the DX 3600 and bought the DX 6490, a beaut... with the 10 x
    > zoom. and again, no problems... The only thing I would like them to change
    > is the jpeg compression rate. I think it is a bit much...
    > I think what I'm saying here is, you are going to have problems with any
    > major brand, not just Kodak...
    > My next choice will be Canon though, pretty hard to beat...
    >
    > "Bojangles" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote in message
    >> Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Pentax and Sony you can't go wrong. I have either
    >> owned or used many cameras from the above manufacturers they are all of
    >> excellent quality.

  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Ron didn't do anything for me either. Only stuck up for his company and
    their lies.
    Oh well, I didn't really expect any help from him anyway. Look who he works
    for.

    "Wolfgang Straile" <W.Straile@t-online.de> wrote in message
> [...]
    >> Kodak
    >>> refused to cover the warrantee because it was dropped. It had impact
    >> damage
    >>> on the cover. They said the case was cracked and the lens cover was
    >> damaged.
    >>> I could not believe it. They want $142.22 to fix it. Believe me, that
    >> camera
    >>> was not damaged when I shipped it and the way I packed it in bubble
    >>> wrap,
    >>> can't believe it happened in shipment. Someone there damaged it and now
    >>> Kodak won't stand good for it. The place wanted my credit card number to
    >>> send it back to me. I'm not stupid enough to give them that since they
    >>> already tried to rip me off. So now I don't have my camera and the
    >>> warrantee is useless. Please beware if you buy from Kodak! I never will

  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Greetings Wolfgang,

    The offer still stands, Wolfgang, I am not sure if you wrote to me as
    suggested but I do follow through. If you want to reiterate your situation I
    will make it a point to help you. There is a new version of EasyShare online
    now that you can download and install. Certainly after the fact, but a
    great program.

    Also, since you are in Germany, I may have sent your experience on to others
    to help. If you had let me know you did not get any information I would
    have contacted others.

    Look forward to helping if you want to reiterate your problem. If it is
    still about EasyShare, try the newest version first and let me know if you
    are successful.

    Best regards, and talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Hello NG,

    > Ron is back again.
    >
    > I'm always delighted to listen to the words of this sweet talking man.
    > About half a year ago he promised me help concerning a KODAK software
    > problem.
    > Nothing happened...
    > Maybe he isn't real, only some kind of KODAK tranquilizer!
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Wolfgang
    >

    > > Greetings Strike,
    > >
    > > Sorry to hear about your experience.
    > >
    > > I am glad to check on your situation if you like. Please contact me
    > > directly
    > > with your name and address and I will follow through with you. Kodak
    has
    > > some very stringent policies and procedures for handling cameras and are
    > > not
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Greetings Strike,

    I can appreciate your disappointment, Strike, and I will not share our
    correspondence here.

    I will note that I did take your issue to two different teams including our
    advocates - a team setup to help people that are not happy with the results
    of others reviews, i.e. repair. We did re-evaluate your camer and I
    understand your position that you were not the cause of the damage. I have
    many times seen damaged product from other customers, who were not aware
    that any damage had occured. I reviewed some scenarios with them that things
    like leaving a camera alone for a few minutes and having it dropped and
    replaced by someone - a stranger? - could damage it yet you would not be
    aware. Walking with a camera on a strap and it hitting something could be
    the culprit and again you may not be aware. An analogy might be an
    experience many people have had upon putting on a coat or a shirt only to
    find a tear in it and not know how it got there.

    Also, Kodak has no problem with any employee or contractor that drops or
    damages a camera in error. We will absorb the cost of it and either replace
    a camera or fix it for free. The people in our service groups do not get in
    trouble for such things, so there is no incentive to hide anything.

    I wish that I could have helped you further, Strike, by getting the service
    as requested, but for the reasons I shared with you, I couldn't. I do
    continue to offer my services, as noted, or help you in any other way I can.

    Let me know if you want me to follow through on anything else.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    > Ron didn't do anything for me either. Only stuck up for his company and
    > their lies.
    > Oh well, I didn't really expect any help from him anyway. Look who he
    works
    > for.
    >
    > > Hello NG,
    > >
    > > Ron is back again.
    > >
    > > I'm always delighted to listen to the words of this sweet talking man.
    > > About half a year ago he promised me help concerning a KODAK software
    > > problem.
    > > Nothing happened...
    > > Maybe he isn't real, only some kind of KODAK tranquilizer!
    > >
    > > Best regards
    > >
    > > Wolfgang
    > >

    > >> Greetings Strike,
    > >>
    > >> Sorry to hear about your experience.
    > >>
    > >> I am glad to check on your situation if you like. Please contact me
    > >> directly
    > >> with your name and address and I will follow through with you. Kodak
    has
    > >> some very stringent policies and procedures for handling cameras and
    are
    > >> not
    > >> afraid to take care of any internal errors like those that you
    describe.
    > >> In
    > >> this case, United is a separate company but on contract to Kodak for
    > >> servicing Kodak cameras, so I would think those policies would apply
    > >> there.

  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    I should add also that I first bought the Canon S1 10x zoom and found it
    altogether too complicated to use...so returned it.
    That is a factor that you have to consider. My Kodak DX 6490 on the
    other hand is so much more user friendly and easier to use...

    > You must of been the lucky one.
    >
    > "Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com> wrote in message
    >> I bought my wife a Kodak 35mm automatic Camera, many years ago. It is
    >> still working today and taking great pictures...
    >> It came with a 9v power pack, ( as opposed to batteries ) which lasted
    >> forever./ Eventually when it did die, I contacted Kodak as I couldn't
    >> find a replacement, & they very generously sent me a free
    >> replacement...They certainly didn't have to...
    >> More recently I bought my first digital Camera. A kodak DX 3600. I had
    >> no problems what so ever with it, other than the fact the Dock is useless
    >> and unnecessary. I tossed that and used a card reader...
    >> I later sold the DX 3600 and bought the DX 6490, a beaut... with the 10 x
    >> zoom. and again, no problems... The only thing I would like them to
    >> change is the jpeg compression rate. I think it is a bit much...
    >> I think what I'm saying here is, you are going to have problems with any
    >> major brand, not just Kodak...
    >> My next choice will be Canon though, pretty hard to beat...
    >>
    >> "Bojangles" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote in message
    >>> Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Pentax and Sony you can't go wrong. I have either
    >>> owned or used many cameras from the above manufacturers they are all of
    >>> excellent quality.

  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Just hope it don't break and you have to send it in for repair.
    It will probably end up in worse shape than it was when you sent it.

    > I should add also that I first bought the Canon S1 10x zoom and found
    > it altogether too complicated to use...so returned it.
    > That is a factor that you have to consider. My Kodak DX 6490 on the
    > other hand is so much more user friendly and easier to use...
    >
    > "Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> You must of been the lucky one.
    >>
    >> "Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com> wrote in message
    >>> I bought my wife a Kodak 35mm automatic Camera, many years ago. It is
    >>> still working today and taking great pictures...
    >>> It came with a 9v power pack, ( as opposed to batteries ) which
    >>> lasted forever./ Eventually when it did die, I contacted Kodak as I
    >>> couldn't find a replacement, & they very generously sent me a free
    >>> replacement...They certainly didn't have to...
    >>> More recently I bought my first digital Camera. A kodak DX 3600. I had
    >>> no problems what so ever with it, other than the fact the Dock is
    >>> useless and unnecessary. I tossed that and used a card reader...
    >>> I later sold the DX 3600 and bought the DX 6490, a beaut... with the 10
    >>> x zoom. and again, no problems... The only thing I would like them to
    >>> change is the jpeg compression rate. I think it is a bit much...
    >>> I think what I'm saying here is, you are going to have problems with any
    >>> major brand, not just Kodak...
    >>> My next choice will be Canon though, pretty hard to beat...
    >>>
    >>> "Bojangles" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote in message

  20. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    > Just hope it don't break and you have to send it in for repair.
    > It will probably end up in worse shape than it was when you sent it.

    If by that you mean Kodak has a "Strike" against it, your point was made
    long ago.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Doesn't Kodak have a service centre in your area ( in USA ? ) where you
    could hand to them this *camera, & they acknowlege *'s good exterior
    condition ?
    Couldn't the shop you bought from receive *, & acknowledge *'s
    condition, then forward * to Kodak / United ?

    | they will send my damaged camera back to me
    | without having to pay the $44.00 inspection fee.
    Then get * back,
    you can pry open *'s lens cover, put a plastic ring into cover if
    necessary, & use *.
    [ii] see whether any damage was added by United, if none then ask media
    to report this, & sue Kodak.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    "TE Cheah" <no@spam.biz> wrote in message news:42bee3d5_2@news.tm.net.my...
    > Doesn't Kodak have a service centre in your area ( in USA ? ) where you
    > could hand to them this *camera, & they acknowlege *'s good exterior
    > condition ?
    > Couldn't the shop you bought from receive *, & acknowledge *'s
    > condition, then forward * to Kodak / United ?

    I agree, this sounds like nothing more than a storm in a teacup.
    There's probably a little more to it...

    > | they will send my damaged camera back to me
    > | without having to pay the $44.00 inspection fee.
    > Then get * back,
    > you can pry open *'s lens cover, put a plastic ring into cover if
    > necessary, & use *.
    > [ii] see whether any damage was added by United, if none then ask media
    > to report this, & sue Kodak.

  23. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    >Then get * back,
    > you can pry open *'s lens cover, put a plastic ring into cover if
    > necessary, & use *.
    >[ii] see whether any damage was added by United, if none then ask media
    > to report this, & sue Kodak.

    Notice that every place that the letters "is" should appear, an
    asterisk appears.

    Jack

Cameras Kodak Peripherals