Sign in with
Your question

Windows live photo gallery encountered an error 0x80070057

Last response: in Windows 7
January 6, 2011 9:40:08 PM

I've been trying to use my Windows live Gallery for a few days now. I love the feature and of course as soon as I default to it I get an error the full error message is
Windows live photo gallery encountered an error and can't start
Error code: 0x80070057

has anyone encountered this before, and/or know how to fix it?
a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2011 12:20:21 AM

You can get this error if your version is outdated or a corrupt installation. Remove your existing installation of Windows live gallery and download the latest version and try reinstalling it.
m
l
January 7, 2011 2:33:55 AM

I've uninstalled and reinstalled same error. The current version I have is the most current. I re downloaded the setup and still the same error.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2011 3:18:03 AM

Can you not do a system restore back to a time when it did work? It is best to do a system restore in safe mode if you have any trouble doing this.
m
l
January 10, 2011 11:00:00 PM

I was hoping that a system restore wouldn't be the only answer but I will do that to see if it works, thanks for the advice
m
l
January 11, 2011 3:44:57 AM

Tried system restore but oldest restore point is not before this error
m
l
January 24, 2011 10:48:04 PM

After 4 or 5 reinstalls I was finally given an option to run the program in Windows Vista compatibility mode byt right clicking it in the list. Now it works.. sheesh talk about ridiculous issues
m
l
November 26, 2012 3:28:08 AM

Start
Right-Click on Photo Gallery
Open File Location
Right-Click on WLXPhotoGallery.exe
Compatibility tab
Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
Select Vista Service Pack 2
Click OK and run program.

This worked and prompted me to remove the two drives that are no longer present h: and i:.

THANK YOU!
m
l
!